• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

JMS on "this week's pool"

Re: JMS on \"this week\'s pool\"

Wow! So far 84% say yes, thats pretty good! Only 9% say no, and the rest voted for the "joke" option.

Well, the pool on ScifiWire has ended and here is the final results.

07/18/04 - 07/24/04

Babylon 5 creator J. Michael Straczynski told fans that he's pitching a new take on Star Trek to Paramount. Do you think it would be any good?

Final Results:

Yes! Beam him up!
82%
No! He should stick to B5.
10%
Only if brings over the Vorlons.
8%
Votes Cast: 13781

Not only the results are amazing (we're talking Trekkies, here), but it sets a new record of votes for the last 10 pools at least!

Almir

I'm not surprised by the results. When a previous poll asked why fans thought that 'Nemesis' did so poorly, the overwhelming opinion was that the script was bad.

Jan

Babylon 5 creator J. Michael Straczynski told fans that he's pitching a new take on Star Trek to Paramount.

Except, of course, that he told fans no such thing. He didn't say that "he's pitching" (present tense) He said that some months ago he and another writer had come up with an outline for a new Trek series that would revive the franchise, but that they had never heard back from Paramount about the idea one way or the other. This is just another example of a Sci-Fi.com staffer with poor reading comprehension skills being allowed to post things to the live system without a grown-up checking the stuff over first. They're getting opinions on how something that isn't happening might turn out. Yeah, that makes sense. Next up: Voters split on Dean/Schwarzenneggar Presidential contest. :)

Regards,

Joe

07/18/04 - 07/24/04

Babylon 5 creator J. Michael Straczynski told fans that he's pitching a new take on Star Trek to Paramount. Do you think it would be any good?

Final Results:

Yes! Beam him up!
82%
10%
8%

I think I would have gone with the Vorlon option here.

07/18/04 - 07/24/04

Final Results:

Yes! Beam him up!
82%
10%
8%

I think I would have gone with the Vorlon option here.

Hmmmmm...I never thought on that.
Hey, I think you're right.
I can see an episode in my mind where Vulcans are taking applications for "The League Beyond the Rim" complaining that they're on the waiting room for almost a thousand years for the appointment with one of the Koshes.

That could be interesting. :)

At least, better than Voyager

Almir

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back