• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Buffy Finale - SPOILERS!!!

I love Buffy, but I was kinda let down by the season finale... and this entire season. I don't know if it was the lack of a good big bad; Dawn's whiny presence; Willow's fear of using magic; the uninteresting slayers-in-training; or what, but this has to go down as one of the weakest seasons.

Overall, I liked the finale, but I can't stand the always whiny, snippy Dawn. Somebody should have offed that little twerp.

Totally with you on that one!

I haven't seen the finale yet (Sky tomorrow night!) but I have to say I've quite enjoyed this season. Personally, I found Caleb one of the scariest characters ever created on Buffy.

A sadistic misogynist may be more frightening to women of course, But I found his casual violence, his enjoyment of inflicting pain for the sake of it, and his being so completely evil really chilling. It was his very humanity that made him so scary

Dawn got slightly better after she stopped whining all the time. However, her sudden ability to read any ancient language was a little too convenient, and it seemed very contrived when she kicked Buffy out of the house.

Dawn was a "key" element of the 5th season (excuse the pun), and year 5 is my favorite season of Buffy. However, IMHO, she was a somewhat useless character after season 5 was over. It got old her having to be protected all the time, and I think people would have been really upset if she had been a slayer. After season 5 she just didn't seem to have a place or a direction.

But I excuse it all because she had really, really pretty hair.

And I REALLY liked the way Buffy killed Caleb :devil:

How do they call it? Devine justice. It's almost biblical :devil: :LOL:

But it's a shame he's gone. As chilling as he was. Personally, I found Caleb to be one of the more interesting villians. With other baddies, you were always sure that Buffy would get them. With Caleb, you were never quite sure.

Hathor

How do they call it? Devine justice. It's almost biblical :devil: :LOL:

As he was almost certainly a serial killer and rapist, it was poetic justice at least :devil:

Personally, I found Caleb to be one of the more interesting villians. With other baddies, you were always sure that Buffy would get them. With Caleb, you were never quite sure.

Maybe that's why I was so glad to see him dead! He scared me silly! :eek:

As he was almost certainly a serial killer and rapist, it was poetic justice at least :devil:

He got what he deserved, that's for sure :LOL:

Maybe that's why I was so glad to see him dead! He scared me silly! :eek:

:LOL: I really enjoyed him. I enjoy getting scared witless, and he sure did that for me. It's a shame this character was only in the last several episodes. I'd like to have seen more of him.

Hathor

Can anyone tell me if Buffy got wacked or not. And if she did bite it include the all the gory details please.

-- Spike bit the dust(so to speak)errrrr he became dust.

Though not in a bad way, because he did it doing a heroic thing. :) Spike's going to be back (on Angel).

[Though not in a bad way, because he did it doing a heroic thing. :) Spike's going to be back (on Angel).

He certainly went out with a bang! :D I was glad to hear he'll be back on Angel, though from what I've heard, not as a vampire!

Don't forget the loss of Anya (*pout*) and Amanda (*pout) - one of the former Potentials - and several other nameless random Slayers. Oh, and Sunnydale, heh.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back