• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

V

Sweet.

I rented V and have only watched part 1. It's entertaining. Interesting how the conspiracy is against scientists.

I hope to finish it before the weekend.

From what I have been reading in the message boards, it looks like a whole new generation. I for one hope this is true..

Awww *drool**drool**drool*

I just hope they do do this (many projects fall through) and that they do it well (yeah, been jaded on that one too many times). "V" is such a fond memory from my childhood. I don't think I saw it the original run (if I did I was too young to remember) but every year or so they show the whole 10 hours on one of the local secondary stations (the one that would go on to have almost all the SF for years) and it was sweetness. I don't remember a time when I didn't know of the series. :)

Sweet.

I rented V and have only watched part 1. It's entertaining. Interesting how the conspiracy is against scientists.

I hope to finish it before the weekend.
I own both on DVD. I will say that the original "V" is FAR FAR FAR better than:

a) The final movie "V the Final Battle"
b) The short-run TV series V

The quality dropped WAY off after that first Miniseries. The original V was extremely good. If they are even thinking about a return or another shot at it, it had better be like the original and not the add-ons or I am not interested.

I happen to agree with you. They could done without the starchild with lights and other stuff. It looks they have dumbed down the The Final Battle, and well the tv show just plained sucked. :cool:

Done watching the miniseries a few days ago and liked it.

Was "The Final Battle" made with the same people?

From: http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/gofuton.cgi?action=newswire&id=6010

V: THE SECOND GENERATION (NBC, New!) - The Peacock has made a script commitment for a three-hour telefilm based on the 1980s TV franchise of the same name. Original creator Kenneth Johnson is on board to write, direct and executive produce the project while original stars Marc Singer, Robert Englund, Jane Badler and Faye Grant are also in early talks to reprise their roles. Set 20 years after the events of the original, the telefilm will see the "visitors" now firmly entrenched on Earth. It's when a mysterious new ally joins the Resistance that the tide could turn. The project is being eyed for a fall 2004 air date should it go into production.

There is also more information about the announcement on the SFTV news group:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sftvnews/

Also, did anyone know that JMS tried to revive V back in 1994? He wrote a script for the first three acts of the miniseries which was published in the newsgroups here:
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=CqC1EB.1r1%40murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU

I am nearly wetting myself over this, I'm very excited. :D

As to JMS's version of V... thank god he didn't touch it. :)

OK im confused. But in V the final battle, did we not contaminate Earth to where they had to leave? How is this being explained away, or is it being Ignored like a bad season of Dallas?

Also, as I said above, while I thought "V" was one of the BEST sci-fi miniseries ever made, I think "V The Final Battle" was extremely poor. Now I know that Kenneth Johnson REALLY stepped out of the picture for V:TFB and the Series. It is EXTREMELY encouraging to see him Writing, Directing and Producing this project, and that so many original cast members are back on. With him at the helm, I am certain we will see a quality product worthy of the original, not "The Final Battle"

Wow, posting spam by Recoil. Heres a theory:

The Resistance seems to be fighting a losing battle when suddenly Earth
gains a powerful and mysterious new ally.

Remember at the very end of the original Mini-Series "V" where they were at a SETI station sending out a distress signal in hopes that it seems like the Visitors were fighting a War elsewhere, and if thats the case, to quote Bester, My enemy's, enemy, is my friend. So the original mini-series left off partly with this "hopeful" scene at SETI where they made comments about maybe the Visitors enemies will hear it and help, but it may not come for years --- or ever, but that they had to try.

So maybe Kenneth Johnson, who didnt have much to do with V:TFB, is sort of ignoring it, and picking up on an open plot-seed that was dropped at the end of the original mini-series, and that this mysterious ally is answering that message of 20 years earlier.

I'd rather him not ignore stuff, becuause it is part of V.

But really, twenty years later, I think details can be fudged anyway.

I read that the new show will be based pretty much solely on just the original mini-series. It's as if they are indeed "ignoring" The Final Battle. However, with some good writing, they don't need to go out of their way to do that- just don't specifically address those events.

OK im confused. But in V the final battle, did we not contaminate Earth to where they had to leave? How is this being explained away, or is it being Ignored like a bad season of Dallas?

In the V weekly series it was discovered that that the red dust had a couple of bugs in it (besides the ones that they intended).

The first one being that the bacteria needs to be in a cold environment durring part of its reproductive cycle or it cant reproduce. This left warm climates completely unprotected. This problem could have been delt with by constantly reapplying the red dust if not for the second problem with it.

It turned out that even though red dust (like kryptonite) does not at first appear to be harmfull to humans, it turned out that long term exposer was extremely dangerous to human life.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back