• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

No Space TV Show After the End of BSG!

Truth_Seeker

Regular
I'm not quite sure about that, because I don't live in the US and I don't have the chance to watch all the new programmes on TV, but I think that after the end of BSG we won't have any real space Sci-Fi TV series anymore.I hope I'm wrong and some new cool show is going to be aired soon.

If there won't be anything new, the only option would be rewatcing old space shows such as "Firefly", "Farscape" and of course "B5" and "Crusade".

I've sworn that I would never watch the biggest rip-off in the history of television, called "Deep Space Nine". I've given it up after the first episode, when I heard the name Gul Dukat.

There's really not much left - "Andromeda" is dumb, so are "Voyager" and "TNG". I had some hopes for "Enterprise", but in vain.

Tell me there's something coming. :)

All good recommendations, but the original point of the thread is correct. I do not think there will be any new episodes of "Space-based" Sci-Fi on TV after BSG ends. Nothing I'm aware of anyway.

The new Stargate spin-off, Stargate Universe will be spaced based. Hard to say if it will be any good or not. Its not starting until late 2009 though.

I'm not quite sure about that, because I don't live in the US and I don't have the chance to watch all the new programmes on TV, but I think that after the end of BSG we won't have any real space Sci-Fi TV series anymore.I hope I'm wrong and some new cool show is going to be aired soon.

If there won't be anything new, the only option would be rewatcing old space shows such as "Firefly", "Farscape" and of course "B5" and "Crusade".

I've sworn that I would never watch the biggest rip-off in the history of television, called "Deep Space Nine". I've given it up after the first episode, when I heard the name Gul Dukat.

There's really not much left - "Andromeda" is dumb, so are "Voyager" and "TNG". I had some hopes for "Enterprise", but in vain.

Tell me there's something coming. :)

Stargate Universe.

You can't lump Voyager and TNG together. :p Sure, TNG had some dumb episodes, like the one that aired tonight ("Justice"), but a lot of them were pretty good~OK. Voyager was 99% crap. Re. DS9, I discovered it years before I ever heard of B5, dropped DS9 in about year 4 when I couldn't stand it anymore, found B5, and haven't watched DS9 since.

I've been getting into "Dollhouse" (Joss Whedon's new show)

Not a space TV show.

The new Stargate spin-off, Stargate Universe will be spaced based. Hard to say if it will be any good or not. Its not starting until late 2009 though.

Yeah, that's the only one that comes to mind. As for me. I'm re-watching B5 & Crusade.

Last edited:
RDM had another space based pilot planned, but not sure what happened to it.
Last I herd it was still on track, but still a long way off.

Stargate Universe will probably be the first thing, I believe it's coming along in Oct.

The BSG Prequel Caprica, I thought was supposed to start about that same time, but, maybe it's further off.

Dr. Who has no regular Season until 2010, only the specials, and Torchwood (rarely space based) I believe is going to show a miniseries of 5 episodes over 1 week in the UK.

For what it's worth, George Lucas is very busy at this moment casting a live action Star Wars television series, which takes place between Episodes 3 and 4, but he said there would be no Darth Vader or rebels in it. Why the hell not?

Hey you two! :rolleyes: "Stargate: _________" has got to be better than ST-Voyager <hurl> or Flash Gordon!

My apologies. The original Stargate Series SG-1, while I can't say I believe it was excellent, it was always worth watching IMHO, some episodes were very good, and I don't remember ever regretting I watched any episodes, and I even enjoyed S9 and 10, which many others believe had lost it's luster. Stargate Atlantis, I think lost some of that luster, and while most episodes weren't bad, there weren't all that many I saw that were really good. So, pulling out another series of Stargate has me a little leery, although hoping for the best. Definitely Stargate Atlantis was better than just about any episode of Voyager. The Stargate Flash Gordon crack was aimed at Flash Gordon not really being Flash Gordon, but, instead trying to be a Stargate ripoff, no sleight at the Stargate Franchise was intended, only a sleight on that awful rendition of Flash Gordon.

Last edited:
I think that the 1994 "Stargate" movie was great, but "SG-1" was lame somehow. There were no big moral dilemmas, no memorable dramatic scenes or unique acting like in "B5" or "BSG".

I've seen the first five seasons, but could't finish it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Back