• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Battlestar Galactica - Season 3

Boxie

Regular
Did anyone else catch the preview on the SciFi Channel last night? :D I thought it looked pretty good! I am soooo waiting for season 3 to start!

I caught the end of it because I was in the kitchen making some dinner, when I heard Nickelback on the TV for an inordinate amount of time... so I went in to see what was on, and I caught the last 20 seconds or so. Looked VERY interesting!

Only seen season 1,will try and download series 2 I think as I'm having no luck with Jeramiah.
Liked the first series.

I think I'll save my bandwidth. I'm only on an 8 MEG connection now and might need to download Andromeda or something.

I think I'll save my bandwidth. I'm only on an 8 MEG connection now and might need to download Andromeda or something.

He's so bitter its funny....
:D

Honestly though Anthony, did the programme makers shoot your kittens or something?

He's so bitter its funny....
:D

Honestly though Anthony, did the programme makers shoot your kittens or something?

With what they did to the show, it's close!

Ahh, I've rewatched the last few episodes and I think it's going to be cool. =) Besides, I can't wait to see what happens when Chief and Helo both get their "own Sharons" to play with.

Weeee! Fun times ahead!

Well, I have not been the show's biggest fan. I have, however, faithfully watched each episode.

I am interested in seeing how this season turns out.

If Ron Moore loves me, he will kill off Apollo and Starbuck.

I loved Jamie Bamber in the Horatrio Hornblower movies, but his Apollo is a non-entity. Apollo lacks zip, and watching him moon over Starbuck is more that I can bear.

Which brings me to the greatest blight on the show, I loathe the character of Starbuck with every fiber of my being! I just kept waiting for the day the Cylon's killed her.

I will be watching to see what happens to Tigh. Gee, I love a deeply flawed character, and Tigh is my type of flawed.

EJO's Adama is a thing of beauty. He dominates every scene he is in.

Roslin was for a time on my hit list, and the way they "cured" her annoyed me beyond belief. The actress is a real gem though and I can't wait to see what my girl Laura has up her sleeve.

I've had to take the show on good faith and buy it on DVD because UK mainstream TV doesn't generally like sci-fi. Instead it revels in the visual fast food that is reality tv and home makeover shows. I've not been disappointed to date.

I reckon the Pegasus is going to do a ram raid and nuke itself.

I'd like to see the Ship of Light from the original making an appearance but I can't see that ahppening as it'll probably be considered too "hokey".

I'd like to see the Ship of Light from the original making an appearance but I can't see that ahppening as it'll probably be considered too "hokey".

I've heard there is a possibility of them going there at some point, but, I trust them to do it with class, if they do.

That would be great... class is required, not hokiness.

I always believed the ship to be of Earth origin... and not the Lords of Kobol... that it came from a future Earth.

Personally for me, the only way the BSG storyline could have been resolved would be for them to arrive on ancient Earth and found the civilisations... or arrive at a future Earth capable of seeing off the Cylon threat.

My guess is they are leaning towards the latter... can you imagine the culture shock for the polytheistic colonials if they met the inhabitants of a largely monotheistic or atheistic Earth.

It's one reason why Galactica 80 was so naff, it took the middle road which offered no resolution.

I can't wait for this, I've just finished watching season 2 and we'll have to wait until next year in the UK for season 3. I echo the suggestion that if they find Earth, it should be a future Earth, and maybe the humans on Earth don't turn out to be the saviours everyone expected them to be. Maybe they could be even worse than the Cylons, forcing the Galactica to face a choice - make peace with the Cylons and join them against Earth, or to join with their fellow humans on Earth. Definitely when they find Earth it is not going to be what we expect. I'd be really disappointed if it was.

On the otherhand, maybe the Cylons have already reached Earth. Afterall, they knew about the Tomb of Athena and Kobol's past.

And I have to say, being such a big fan of the original series, I didn't think I would like the new versions of the characters but they have really grown on me. I like both the new Apollo and Starbuck, and I don't think Apollo is pining for Starbuck at all. If anything, he's still in love with that woman he left on Caprica. And Edward James Olmos is brilliant, as is James Callis. I'd never have thought that Baltar could be the best character in the series.

They just have an excellent cast and some really wonderful characters! I know it will be a while before you'll see the new season in the UK, but it's almost time for us here, :D and I'm so excited!

Back