• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Ok, how about a release date for the release date?

Right now I’d settle for just a release date for the Season 4 release date. WB - Let us know when you are going to let us know when it will be out!

But I guess that’s just wishful thinking. The release date will probably be announced after the DVDs are available:

“Press release: WB announces B5 Season 4 DVD set, in stores two weeks ago.” :)

I'd settle for that. It's been a month already. You'd think they'd at least take pity on us.

-SG

Re: Ok, how about a release date for the release d

I would guess they should announce the R1 S4 release date no later than on the R2 S3 release date.

January 20, 2004, for the actual relase. Information release 1st week of October. :)

It had better not take them till Jan 20th to release Season 4...

I hope its out for Christmas, that's what I'd expect anyways.

I have to tell you, if WB pulls this crap on us, it will be that last show I will buy from WB. They mess up everything, what a bunch of sado masoc(can't spell that).

A bunch of lazy ass people over at WB, the board of directors who gives the go to the different departments in WB, are the ones who are responsible. Last time I visited them, 6 months ago, they said they will send out Babyon 5 like Paramount does with Star Trek. When I visited their office where they talk about upcoming releases, I saw Crusade and Legends of the rangers. See in the UK, people really loved the show and they spend a lot of money buying TV series and they know this. Even though the material for B5 is done, they are slooooooow. All they need is to make time for those who would put the extra materials on the discs, commentaries etc. Ask those who we wish to have on the commentaries to put some time off to talk on a tape for 42min and that is that. Oh buy wait, in the world of WB, they all think people do things for free... So they expect the cast and crew to do this for nothing, while they want to make profit off of B5. It is all well and good, but then if you look at the amount of extras on the discs and the quality, it is a joke. I mean the out takes are good, but I have VHS tapes that a 10 years old and look better in picture and sound.

So why this hate toward B5? I honestly think they have no idea what they are doing... I bet the person who is working on the DVDs, don't even know what they are looking at, worst, they don't care.

There lies the problem... I mean it, I will boycott R1 Warner Bros. from now on. Snapper case, come on WB, you started brilliantly in the DVD market, now you are the most pathetic ones of all... In R2, they have dropped the snapper case in favor of the keep case. Too much problems with those covers. People spoke out and WB Europe heard it, so they stopped using the snappers... After all they will snap after at time and that is the end of that.

Nah, something is very wrong with WB...

:mad:

Look,

While I may be joking a bit about being impatient about the release date, this REALLY shouldn't be blown out of proportion. There are a few things you all need to keep in mind before getting pissed off at WB and boycotting them (seems like a childish over reaction to me).

1) The Season 2 release date was 6 months after Season 1 was released.
2) Due to S1 selling well they did all they could to SPEED up the next release, Season 3, which was only 3 months after Season 2 was released.
3) They announced the Season 3 release date about 2-3 weeks after Season 2 was out.

So in reality, it has only been FOUR weeks since Season 3 came out, so its not like we have been waiting forever, or even much longer at all than when they told us Season 3 was going to be out. I think it very likely we will get Season 4 before Christmas, so we are probably looking at a 3-4 month release time table --- which is greatly accelerated from what they originally started planning.

We will probably know shortly. Another thing to consider is they have a LOT more on their plate than worrying about a few impatient B5 fans. Since they started releasing B5 on DVD TV Shows on DVD has become incredibly more popular and their DVD release program is probably very overwhelmed right now as they scramble to get more of their stuff out. B5 isnt the only show around you know...

Much as I hate to admit it, I doubt S4 will be out by Christmas. The DVD release calendar is just too crowded. Warners probably doesn't want B5 to get lost in the crowd.

Just look at a few of the items on the way:
Star Trek V The Final Frontier Special Ed. - Oct. 14
Battlestar Galactica: The Series - Oct. 21
Indiana Jones trilogy box set - Oct. 21
The Hulk - Oct. 28
Looney Tunes Golden Collection - Oct. 28
The Sopranos: The Complete Fourth Season - Oct. 28
Star Trek Deep Space Nine - Season 6- Nov 4
The X-Files - Season 8 - Nov 4
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers Extended Edition - Nov. 18
X2: X-Men United - Nov 25
Star Trek Deep Space Nine - Season 7- Dec 2
Alias - Season 2 - Dec 2 $45.36

I hope I'm wrong and we see B5 S4 in December at the latest.

Hah, thats funny how you say the release calendar is too crowded, yet 90% of the shows you listed aren't even in December. Hell you only mentioned 2 shows in December!

Lets be real here, there are more and more DVD sets coming out all the time so the release schedule is ALWAYS crowded. WB would be on crack to take a pass on getting S4 out by Christmas...

Christmas = Big gift sales $

Lots of books come out shortly before Christmas. Let's hope that dvds do too.

You know, others have mentioned this as a possibility, but the more I think about it, the more likely it seems... maybe WB is working hard right now to release both seasons 4 and 5 before Christmas... that way, they can offer a $500 set of all the boxes to those looking for an elaborate Christmas gift.

Think of it, “Just in time for the holidays, Babylon 5: The Complete 5-year series – available together for the first time at the low price of only $499.99!”

So maybe they are waiting to announce the release date until they are absolutely sure that they can have both sets ready to go on time?

Think of it, “Just in time for the holidays, Babylon 5: The Complete 5-year series – available together for the first time at the low price of only $499.99!”

Get real. If even Paramount won't release all-ST-seasons-in-one package so WB.. they won't even think of it. And what would be the point in releasing TWO seasons at once? That would be very, very stupid in my opinion. :rolleyes:

It would be nice to have S-4 & S-5 under the Christmas tree, it will not happen. In the first place, releasing two seasons at once will cut down on sales because there are many fans who could not afford to buy two seasons at one time. Also, Christmas is time when many have other expenses so would delay buying even one season. The studio is well aware of this.

Yeah, I'm one of those people that couldn't afford 2 seasons at once, let alone 5.

Also, Christmas is time when many have other expenses so would delay buying even one season. The studio is well aware of this.
I don't know about this. Yes, some people would delay buying it, but maybe because they're expecting it for Christmas as a gift. If season 4 comes out for Christmas *keeps fingers crossed*, I'm expecting someone else to buy it for me as a gift. :D

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back