B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old October 31st 12, 10:32   #1
Sinclair

Star Wars: Episodes VII-IX

I was completely shocked to hear this but am pretty stoked about them, even though Lucas' involvement won't be nearly as big as his previous ones.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...film-for-405b/

Only time will tell how good they'll be. I'm curious as to if they'll try to get some of the old cast back or just go anew.
Old October 31st 12, 13:13   #2
Bester
First One

Re: Star Wars: Episodes VII-IX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
I was completely shocked to hear this but am pretty stoked about them, even though Lucas' involvement won't be nearly as big as his previous ones.
I'm excited because of the lack of his involvement! With him at the helm we would get another sub-par trilogy just like the prequels. With someone else in control we might get something special.
Old October 31st 12, 17:43   #3
Sindatur
Techno-mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bester View Post
Quote:
I'm excited because of the lack of his involvement! With him at the helm we would get another sub-par trilogy just like the prequels. With someone else in control we might get something special.
Agreed.

George Lucas is a fantastic Story Idea guy, but, take the note pad away from him before he gets more then 10 pages written out, and have someone else write the actual script and do the actual directing.

I'm so shocked by so many people wigging out about this, and they're the same people that have been trashing Lucas for years.

Disney has been nothing but good for the Marvel Cinematic Universe, with George Lucas feeding them the story ideas and someone else being allowed to write the scripts and bring them to the screen, it should be a win/win situation.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st 12, 18:31   #4
Demonn
First One

Good... they should keep making Star Wars movies till the end of time. If they go wonky, I'll just stop whatchin' 'em.

Quote:
Only time will tell how good they'll be. I'm curious as to if they'll try to get some of the old cast back or just go anew.
Probably go all new since everybody is how old now. Maybe they can have 'em play other characters or do a voice over on a digital character or something.
Demonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st 12, 19:24   #5
Sindatur
Techno-mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonn View Post
Good... they should keep making Star Wars movies till the end of time. If they go wonky, I'll just stop whatchin' 'em.

Quote:
Probably go all new since everybody is how old now. Maybe they can have 'em play other characters or do a voice over on a digital character or something.
Popular belief/theory seems to be that, like the EU (Which I have no personal exerience with), Luke will be in Ben/Yoda role, and Leia, possibly a Politician. Harrison Ford has often said he has no interest in playing Han again, though maybe now that he's older, he would be more willing to play a character who isn't "The Star"

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st 12, 21:30   #6
Demonn
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindatur View Post
Popular belief/theory seems to be that, like the EU (Which I have no personal exerience with), Luke will be in Ben/Yoda role, and Leia, possibly a Politician. Harrison Ford has often said he has no interest in playing Han again, though maybe now that he's older, he would be more willing to play a character who isn't "The Star"
Never read any of the books but it really is an Expanded Universe... there's pretty much a story for every character that was ever in any of the movies.

You got the Movies...
Video Games
I don't know how many books.

Cartoons out the butt now...

Han & Leia got married & had kids... Leia becomes a Senator or maybe higher for the new alliance.

Luke re-establishes the Jedi Order. He either does that & then marries a Jedi chick named Mara Jade or he meets her while doing that. They have Jedi kids.

Some of Han & Leia's kids become Jedi too I think. Maybe...

Like I said I never read any of the books, but if they do more movies I might get into it.

Bobba Fett didn't die... I know he crawled outa that pit. Bobba Fett was awesome.
Old October 31st 12, 22:11   #7
KoshN

Good, what we need, MORE Star Wars. The news makes me feel a bit queasy.
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."
KoshN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th 12, 00:37   #8
Jade Jaguar
First One

So, take some alka-seltzer...

I saw on the news that Ford would be willing to play Han again. While I have no great expectations for VII - IX, they could easily be better than I - III.
Benjamin Franklin 1775

"I know that the hypnotized never lie... Do ya?"
Pete Townshend 1971

FREE LEONARD PELTIER
Jade Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd 12, 17:58   #9
Demonn
First One

They should just recast since everybody is like 60ish now.
Old December 13th 12, 23:27   #10
Teep Trick
Ranger

All the endless digital cartoons are about killing Star Wars for me, and I lost track of all the books a long time ago...

Wouldn't mind seeing new Babylon 5 though....

A flock of seagulls
A murder of crows
An intrusion of telemarketers
(and a tragedy of telepaths)
Teep Trick is offline   Reply With Quote