B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old July 31st 12, 21:17   #1
LongLiveTheNarn
Lurker

New fan

Hi all Babylon 5ians,

I am loving Babylon 5! On series 3 just finished watching episode 10, I dunno what made me want to watch it but I am a 30 year old nostalgic kinda dude and remember the effects were done on an Amiga 1200 which I found to be pretty unique and cool so thought I would get into it. Never watched it when it first came out as I was discovering girls and addicted to Street Fighter II on arcade but am totally engrossed and into it's universe right now, I don't want this to end man!

G'Kar is my fave character by far, and the Na'an race (yes I know the spelling is wrong in my username but I used the wrong e-mail address for LongLiveTheNaan)

Sinclair was an awsome captain, I didn't like Sheridan at first but he's getting better... And after how he handled that situation just now, I think he has secured as much respect as I had for Sinclair.

Anyway I could go on, this is awsome and had to express it to others who understand lol
LongLiveTheNarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st 12, 22:00   #2
LongLiveTheNarn
Lurker

Re: New fan

Sorry just realised there is a specific thread for new comers, mods could you delete this thread plz / thx / sry =]
Old August 1st 12, 05:02   #3
vacantlook

I don't see a need to delete this thread unless you really, really want me to. You've included content about the B5 universe and story, so it's not just a standard miscellaneous "I'm new" sort of thread. And I especially don't want to delete because I have a question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLiveTheNarn View Post
G'Kar is my fave character by far, and the Na'an race (yes I know the spelling is wrong in my username but I used the wrong e-mail address for LongLiveTheNaan)
Am I missing something? Na'an?
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st 12, 05:10   #4
LongLiveTheNarn
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacantlook View Post
I don't see a need to delete this thread unless you really, really want me to. You've included content about the B5 universe and story, so it's not just a standard miscellaneous "I'm new" sort of thread. And I especially don't want to delete because I have a question.

Quote:
Am I missing something? Na'an?
I thought I read it spelt "Na'an" somewhere but I may be wrong

*google search confirmation initiated*

I was wrong, it's Narn, I think I'm thinking of Na'toth
Old August 1st 12, 19:00   #5
vacantlook

LOL, funny that you got it unintentionally right for your screenname then.
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st 12, 19:07   #6
LongLiveTheNarn
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacantlook View Post
LOL, funny that you got it unintentionally right for your screenname then.
Haha! Hazarr! Percivel would be proud, and Galahad bemused

I used .com instead of .co.uk for "LongLiveTheNaan"... Only had the email account 10 years =]

Well I'm glad I messed it up, I would certainly not want to cause G'Kar, the most honourable, any discourtousey
Old August 6th 12, 00:31   #7
Jade Jaguar
First One

Naan is a kind of Indian bread. I think it might be the "breen" of breads...
Benjamin Franklin 1775

"I know that the hypnotized never lie... Do ya?"
Pete Townshend 1971

FREE LEONARD PELTIER
Jade Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th 12, 06:43   #8
KoshN

Quote:
Hi all Babylon 5ians,

I am loving Babylon 5! On series 3 just finished watching episode 10, I dunno what made me want to watch it but I am a 30 year old nostalgic kinda dude and remember the effects were done on an Amiga 1200 which I found to be pretty unique and cool so thought I would get into it. Never watched it when it first came out as I was discovering girls and addicted to Street Fighter II on arcade but am totally engrossed and into it's universe right now, I don't want this to end man!

Sinclair was an awsome captain, I didn't like Sheridan at first but he's getting better... And after how he handled that situation just now, I think he has secured as much respect as I had for Sinclair.

Anyway I could go on, this is awsome and had to express it to others who understand lol
Babylon 5 transcends the effects and set problems (the floors that sound like plywood, the wall that gives way a bit when Trakis shoves a card into the room's card reader, etc.). Sure, the early stuff looks coarse and dated, but you get sucked into the story and you don't notice and if/when you do notice, you just don't care. Babylon 5 made me feel like I was there and that the CGI shots were real more than any Trek or BSG show ever did.
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."
KoshN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th 12, 18:07   #9
LongLiveTheNarn
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoshN View Post
Quote:
Hi all Babylon 5ians,

Babylon 5 transcends the effects and set problems (the floors that sound like plywood, the wall that gives way a bit when Trakis shoves a card into the room's card reader, etc.). Sure, the early stuff looks coarse and dated, but you get sucked into the story and you don't notice and if/when you do notice, you just don't care. Babylon 5 made me feel like I was there and that the CGI shots were real more than any Trek or BSG show ever did.
You are absolutley right, I feel like part of it too and the only times I've actually realised something was done cheap, was 1) the Centuri throne room and 2) the alien ship on series 1 (or was it 2?) where the 'Grey' looking race abduct other races, do surgery on them then fly away in hiding. The cast, script, story are win win win and I love how B5 is not overly popular, it's like a gem in the rough, a rare find... I can't see anything topping this in terms of sci fi adventure. Very interesting reality, and in all truth, not too far from fact... IF we make contact and figure out 'jump gate' technology

I do like Next Generation though. 90's all the way
Old August 9th 12, 03:47   #10
Teep Trick
Ranger

Hey Long Live The Narn you could always make this into a general episode discussion thread, coz reading it got me to thinking, Babylon 5 was probably the first sci fi show to deal with the toll alcoholism can take on the decisions of command staff such as Garibaldi, an obvious influence on the character arcs of Tigh and Kara Thrace/Starbuck on the rebooted BSG...

A flock of seagulls
A murder of crows
An intrusion of telemarketers
(and a tragedy of telepaths)
Teep Trick is offline   Reply With Quote