B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old May 5th 12, 16:18   #11
vacantlook

Re: Legend of Korra

Bit of triva, which you might already know: the character Mako is named for the actor Mako, who did the voice of Uncle Iroh in Avatar The Last Airbender for seasons one and two before dying of cancer.

I'm definitely enjoying Korra so far. This morning's new episode, "The Spirit Of Competition", had some hillarious moments in it, mostly involving Bolin. One thing about some of the humor both shows have had is that they commonly have something funny happening on screen but not be the focus of the particular shot or scene, so it ends up being just a layer of detail but still is really funny.
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th 12, 12:49   #12
Sindatur
Techno-mage

VL may already know this, but, it seems Korra has been awarded 26 more episodes, so, it's getting 52 in all now.

Book 2: is already written and the voice work is done, they're working on the animation now.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th 12, 16:32   #13
vacantlook

Yup, I read about the aditional episodes a couple days ago. Lots of yay from me!

I enjoyed the finale of Book 1, though I do wish there had been some addressing the validity of the bigger argument that the Equalists were making. So I'm hoping we haven't seen the last of the Equalists because they really kind of are right, benders do seem to exclusively have power over the city government.
Old July 14th 12, 22:38   #14
Sindatur
Techno-mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacantlook View Post
Yup, I read about the additional episodes a couple days ago. Lots of yay from me!

I enjoyed the finale of Book 1, though I do wish there had been some addressing the validity of the bigger argument that the Equalists were making. So I'm hoping we haven't seen the last of the Equalists because they really kind of are right, benders do seem to exclusively have power over the city government.
Yea, the Finale was pretty awesome (And actually, On Demand fell from a week behind to 3 weeks behind, and then posted all 3 of the final episodes on the same Monday after the finale aired. So, although I had to wait 2 weeks since the last episode I saw, it was like 1 1/2 hour finale.

I agree, I hope they do push further with the Equalists' legitimate points. I'm not thinking the Equalists are gone, by a long shot, and I'm not even sure both blood bending brothers were killed in the boat

So how do you think they'll break the episodes out? 2 20 episode seasons? (I didn't see that detail in what I read)

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th 12, 03:22   #15
vacantlook

Bryan Konietzko said on his Tumblr that Nick is looking at the total 52 as being two seasons or some such because of better being able to sell the show overseas in 26 episode chunks, but that he and the production crew are looking at it all as four books. Book 1 as the 12 episodes we've had so far, Book 2 will be the next 14, and then Book 3 and Book 4 will be 13 episodes each.