• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Is anyone else getting pissed off that...

Recoil

Regular
...they are taking their own bitch-ass time in announcing the release date and info on the Season 4 set?

Damn them.

Hang on guys - we haven't even had the R2 release of S3 yet. Show a little patience would you.

Just because WB (in their infinite wisdom) decided to move the R1 release forward but NOT the R2 release.

Methinks those of us waiting for S3 in R2 format have greater reason to be p****d off than you!

:mad:

Hang on guys - we haven't even had the R2 release of S3 yet. Show a little patience would you.

Just because WB (in their infinite wisdom) decided to move the R1 release forward but NOT the R2 release.

Methinks those of us waiting for S3 in R2 format have greater reason to be p****d off than you!

:mad:

Good point. Hopefully for those of you in R2 WB will release soon. As for S4, R1, I suspect they will release in late November so it is available for Christmas.

I have made a bet on cover art. There is another thread in here relating to that. Actually its just more curiousity on the actual release date than anything. They did a great job like a week to ten days after S2 came out in announcing Season 3. This time its taking a bit longer. :/

Hopefully they're not too chicken to release it along with the other big dvd's coming out later this year like T3, Matrix Reloaded, TTT:EE. I just hope they don't make us wait till next year for S4.

Oh I am pissed alright!!!!

I don't care what people say, they don't have a damn thing to do, as I know those who were assigned to do the show on DVD. I know what they can and can't do. Trust me, it takes no time to make these DVDs. Only the problem is that they have no capable people doing it. I guess they don't give a crap about DVDs and so they don't know just how wonderful it can be if they sat their little brains to work. I mean Star Trek isn't that good a DVD release but at least they have released two shows! Also it is still a lot better then the Babylon 5 DVDs. WB does not deserve to have such a spectacular show in their hands.

As for DaveC, I have had region 2 of Babylon 5, guess what I went to Region 1. Why, well it is cheaper and comes out sooner. (So far...)

As for patience, I have had that, since 1997! So don't go thinking you have it so hard, if you were smart you'd get a Region free DVD player and invest in the US version. Besides there are differences... If you have the equipment for it to see it...

As for the whole October 17 or 28th release date, who cares, we are not in the same boat. Same path yes but not the same boat. We ride the Region 1 boat and it is ahead of you, so everything is set after that time difference...

Speaking of Region 2, I have all of Farscape and I have to say it is the most wonderful DVD set I have. The menus and stuff on it is brilliant, if B5 could have had those people to make their DVDs, I would wait an extra 2 months just so I can get that cool menu and extras...

As for waiting, I have not even been able to see Legends of the Rangers in good quality and yet you don't hear be bitch...
:devil:

Those refer to "regions" of the world that are used for DVD's. Since video / DVD rights to TV shows, movies, whatever generally are not sold on a worldwide basis DVD's include a region ID code and DVD players are set up to refuse to play DVD's from other regions (although there is generally some way to turn this "feature" off; although it will never be listed in the manual).

This region coding being basically a bit of computer science, the region is encoded as number on the disks. R1 is Region 1 and refers to North America. R2 is region 2, which is Europe.

As for DaveC, I have had region 2 of Babylon 5, guess what I went to Region 1. Why, well it is cheaper and comes out sooner. (So far...)

As for patience, I have had that, since 1997! So don't go thinking you have it so hard, if you were smart you'd get a Region free DVD player and invest in the US version. Besides there are differences... If you have the equipment

Leaving aside your entirely uncalled for tone in responding to my post, how about a reality check.

Firstly, it is not true that B5 has been released in R1 ahead of R2 for Seasons 1 and 2. IIRC Season 1 was released slightly earlier in R2 than it was R1, and the two releases were very close together for Season 2.

Secondly, the price difference is really not the issue that you seem to think it is. Play.com currently has the R1 release at £45.99 delivered, compared to my pre-order from amazon.co.uk of the R2 version at £39.99, again delivered.

Thirdly, I never said I/we "had it hard". I simply pointed out that for everyone complaining about the lack of news on the release date for S4 in R1, there is someone else who is cheesed off about the fact that R2 hasn't yet had S3 even. Bringing forward the release date in R1 and not R2 can only have two effects for WB:

(a) it will hack off those waiting on the R2 release who suddenly see the USA and Canada getting better treatment, and

(b) it will only encourage others (like yourself) to buy R1, thus giving WB even less reason to treat R2 well in future releases.

Fourthly, "if you were smart you'd get a Region free DVD player". Don't lecture me ... I am not a kid, but a married father of two with many priorities competing for my meagre salary. The fact that we have a DVD player at all is that it and the TV it plugs into were gifts. We have, so far, chosen not to buy one because we have invested our "spare" cash in the CD our band has been making. Not meant to be a sob-story, just a statement of fact.

If this situation p****s you off so much, perhaps you should get a life!

Later,

Gee, perhaps I really should get a life, after all, it isn't me who is feeling sorry for my self... Stop bugging R1. And before you go ape shit, I DID save on buying B5 S1,S2 and S3 on R1.

But if you have so much time in your life to make an organized set up of what you think if my msg. I think, YOU are the one who needs a life, perhaps a woman too. Does take the edge off, of people like you...

Still, I couldn't give a gas in a dead rats ass, what you think... The point is that for those who wish to see Season 4, (now that they have experienced it on DVD), with to continue their experience... If that is so hard for you to understand, perhaps you shouldn't be here...

Again, it is pointless acting like children, so sorry if I offended you and ruined your life. (hope you have enough money for shrink)

If you have not learned it by now, nothing on any forums should be taken seriously. Like I don't take you seriously... :D

So chill out, pull out your favorite episode of what ever, sit down and enjoy. Life in the end is too short for nonsense like this...

:p

No need to get personal over such an issue, people.

Please remember - and this is a general reminder - that personal attacks / insulting remarks towards other members are not welcome on this board.

Lyra, I know you are new around here and it seems you are not taking things seriously ... the tone in your posts comes off as quite harsh. The personal insults were really unnecessary. :(

GH has been around on these boards a bit and I think we all understood his frustration with our impatience with the S4 release date when S3 hasn't even been released in his region.

Now to go back to GH's point about the release dates ... according to Amazon here is what I have:

Season 1
R1: Nov.5.2002
R2: Oct.28.2002

Season 2
R1: Apr.29.2003
R2: May.26.2003

Season 3
R1: Aug.12.2003
R2: Oct.27.2003

I don't understand why they keep pushing back the R2 release dates. :( :confused:

To all the readers... I am sorry, it was terribly lame of me... And yes, I too think it is odd why they keep pushing back B5 here in Europe...

Sorry guys... :eek: :confused:

It will not happen again...

Must have been that time of the month...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back