• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5 DVD Box Artwork Up!!!

I'm hearing little birds tell me the set has a street date of Nov 5th.

WB announced it to thier employees...

what /forums/images/icons/mad.gif that's the same exact day that season 5 set of TNG comes out, they're crazy /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
although that looks a little orange, if it is red, then I would expect season two to be coloured orange, season three yellow, season four green and season five blue. Does this make sense to you?

[/quote]

Except that season 5 would be purple, not blue. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

my mind isn't on color changes tonight, so explain please.

(it got anything to do with the color changes of the "Babylon" in the opening credits?)

I think he meant that the previous stations seemed to progress in a line of spectrum colors. At least B1 was red, B4 was green and B5 was blue. By that reasoning, B2 must have been orange and B3 yellow.

Personally I think such an approach might obstruct visual design considerations. Therefore it should be no wonder if they prefer a different approach. Let them use any packages, I care about the content.

At least B1 was red, B4 was green and B5 was blue.

[/quote]

B5 was purple. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Originally posted by GShans:
<font color="yellow">what that's the same exact day that season 5 set of TNG comes out, they're crazy</font color>

[/quote]
I dont think that matters as much frankly.

I'm hearing little birds tell me the set has a street date of Nov 5th.

[/quote]

You're not the only one. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif The TV Shows on DVD site is also reporting a November 5th release date. (You have to remember, new DVDs are usually released once a week in the U.S., on Tuesdays, so you will always have batches of new discs arriving on the same day. This year there are four Tuesdays in November prior to Thanksgiving day, and every one of them is going to be packed with releases that could overshadow B5.)

They're also reporting that the MSRP will be $99.98 (USD). So the street price should be around $80.00 with the typical 20% discount, and deep-discount dealers may sell it for as little as $60.00.

So far no U.S. DVD site that I've seen is accepting pre-orders on the set. They're probably awaiting the official announcement of the dealer price and/or MSRP so they can set their sell price.

But Blackstar (in the UK) is accepting pre-orders for the R2 release, reporting a release date of October 14th and an MSRP of £49.99. (About $78 USD, so in line with U.S. prices and a bargain compared to what was charged for the first two discs.) They don't have a cover photo up as yet, since no one knows if the UK and US editions will have the same artwork.

Regards,

Joe

Damn, now i gotta put down twice as much money that day, I'm glad it's coming out, i just widh they woulda moved it down or up one week or two. Oh well

I am so looking forward to this. I am glad I bought a multi-region dual playback DVD player, since I will move back to Australia sometime next year.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back