• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5 DVD Box Artwork Up!!!

Leto II

Regular
Here it is, at The Digital Bits:

babylon5season1boxdvd.jpg
babylon5season1dvd.jpg

What do y'all think...?? /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Works for me. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Im not one to really look at stuff like that though and be critical, so pretty much anything would have worked for me. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

It's a very nice cover. I like the fact that they're using the title of Season One that JMS gave ("Signs and Portents").

I wonder if the overall box art color scheme will change from season to season.

It would be really cool if the spines of the boxes formed a continuous image, but at least the stylized "5" is immediately recognizeable. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Oh, and one small thing. I noticed this quote at the bottom of the article:

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
We've don't have details on the set yet, but we expect an official announcement shortly, so stay tuned.

[/quote]
Let's see here. JMS said a "small-subset" of B5 fans would be rather please with an announcement made shortly on or after July 12th on JMSNEWS.com. Today is the 12th, we have cover art for the DVDs and a site who expects an official release shortly. So does it not look like that coming official WB announcement was indeed about the DVDs? I would think so.

You are just saying that because GKars head is the biggest and most prominent of the three on the box. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Oh, come on. Of course I like it for any number of other reasons, such as ... such as ... well, that 5 on the back, for example. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

God I hope the box set makes it down under. Even though I didn't think much of the first series (apart from the final episode and Babylon Squared it was firmly planted in ST territory) I'd love to own it own DVD. Kind of makes all the Babylon 5 videos I own redundant /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

Once again B5 DVD boxes amaze me with their ship choices! The first DVD had Thunderbolts on the cover - which were not seen in the movies. This box has a fleet of Vorlon war cruisers ... If I recall, we only ever saw one Vorlon warship in season 1 - and not for very long and only just coming out of the jumpgate, heh. That looks more like a scene from "The Gathering" heh.

Not that I really mind ... the box looks good and hopefully it will capture the attention of people who are just strolling through the stores this fall and decide to buy it anyway and boost sales ... oh why does November have to be so far away?!

Well cover art is almost always just conceptual.

If indeed it does look like a scene from "The Gathering" (which it struck me as that too, even though it isnt an exact scene, it just gave me that feeling) then that probably isnt a bad thing. Ok, so "The Gathering" was already released, but come on, it is the start of series and many (myself included) certainly consider The Gathering to be a S1 episode instead of a pilot.

Kribu, admit it--you like it because G'Kar looks so great on the cover.

Of course, I like it for the same reason. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Tammy

very good cover-art imo..."color theme" is just superb. I hope DVD menus are as good as cover /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Sigma

Back