• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Sleeping in the light - Did you cry?

I tear up relatively easily when sad events occur in film and TV. The end of a heroic character and the end of a beloved series certainly did it for me.

Nope, never cried. I just can't get that emotional over a tv show or movie.
I'll just take this opportunity to let everyone know that Sinclair is indeed a ROBOT. :)

The part that gets me is when John is getting ready to leave, and he & Delenn hug one last time -- the musical crescendo is the most powerful scene I've ever watched.

When I saw it first time, yes I did. Later on, only when I was in much a mood. I couldn't explain that mood, but it happened several times.

I just watched this episode for the "umpteenth" time--first time i've seen in it in years tho', and yes i cried just as much as i did the very first time it was shown. Just makes you sad that along with everything else that is going on, there will be no more B-5, sort of like watching "Return of te King" a wonderful wonderful movie , but still very sad as it is the last one!

I was emotionally affected :D
I didn`t cry but , it was a strong memorable moment . i think of course why a lot of us did cry was because it just didn`t signal the end of sheridan , it ended a tv show we love . and it was just so final (maybe)

I cried
I wanted to cry before the show(coz I knew it was the last ep) :(
I cried when they blew up Babylon 5 :(
I cried when John and Delenn said goodbye :(
I cried when Delenn was hugging her pillow all alone in her bed :(
I cried when Lorien took John away :(
I cried when the show was over :(

So,yes,I cried :( and i got dehidrated :D

Same here, can't help it. I cry a bit during several moments, tear up an awful lot in between. It was well done on many levels (well written, magnificently set to music, and magnificently acted).

As an episode, I suppose it would have fit in better as an end to season 4. But I enjoyed a lot of season 5 (more than I did season 1, to be honest) and so I'm glad he could still use it after season 5 came about.

The first time, no. I thought the episode was dull and maudlin. When Sheridan didn't really die, but was taken "beyond the Rim" by Lorien, I thought it was a cheat.

Later, I got it. Sheridan's question "Can I come back?" and the look on his face when he hears the answer, is one of the most heartbreaking moments of the show. Then I did cry.

I cried and cried the first time I saw it and everytime after that I continued to cry. I just feel so attached to the characters I can't help it.

I cried and cried the first time I saw it and everytime after that I continued to cry. I just feel so attached to the characters I can't help it.

Attached? I had such a crush on Sheriden(not BB but Sheriden) and when he died....I was like.....WHY!!!!!?????? :eek: :(

Oh yes, tears were falling .. a very emotional moment when Sheridan says his final goodbye to Delenn ... gets me every time that scene ..

Nope, I did not even tear up.

However, I noted that my DVDs share the same defect as my tapes and the original broadcast did - at certain points, they got very blurry indeed. In fact, the Sheridan farewell to Delenn was so blurred in the original showing that I haven't even tried to watch it on the tape or DVD. It is clearly a defect on the original master, so why bother?

However, I noted that my DVDs share the same defect as my tapes and the original broadcast did - at certain points, they got very blurry indeed. In fact, the Sheridan farewell to Delenn was so blurred in the original showing that I haven't even tried to watch it on the tape or DVD. It is clearly a defect on the original master, so why bother?
tsk... now that's a crying shame...

::ducks:: :p

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back