B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old April 3rd 19, 17:21   #1
Looney
Telepath

Larry DiTillio 1940-2019

Favorite DiTillio Episode:

DEATHWALKER

Favorite moment from a DiTillio Episode:

BORN TO PURPLE
Londo, G'Kar, and Sinclair watch Adira dance at the Dark Star and for a moment we see Londo and G'Kar without all the Londo and G'Kar baggage.

Best DiTillio Episode:

BORN TO PURPLE / DEATHWALKER / GROPOS tie. I think all three of these episodes in particular really added to or expanded the scope of the B5 Universe. DiTillio's other episodes had this same quality, but I think these three episodes were his best.
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th 19, 19:58   #2
Jan
Psi Cop

Re: Larry DiTillio 1940-2019

Definitely Born the the Purple for me. I loved seeing the softer side of Londo. But they all did expand the feel of the B5 universe.
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th 19, 02:21   #3
Looney
Telepath

Thanks for chiming in Jan. I can only assume everyone else is not a fan of DiTillio episodes, but I am, even TKO. As I've said in the past, I don't love the fight stuff, but I like the extra dimension it adds to the Babylon 5 Universe.
Old April 8th 19, 18:27   #4
Springer
Ambassador

Okay, I'll play.

Favourite episode: Spider in the Web. I thought it had good moments for Talia, Sheridan and Garibaldi; first appearance of Zack; and some very good guests stars, Adrienne Barbeau, Michael Beck, James Shigeta (actually, thinking about it, that's possibly the best guest cast a B5 episode ever had, at least until we got to River of Souls). Though the story is, I guess, what JMS recently referred to as the beginnings of DiTillio trying to create his own little universe within the broader B5 universe.

Favourite moment: The Vorlons taking out Deathwalker.

Favourite DiTillio addition to B5 lore: the work he did fleshing out the non-aligned races. That, and Jovian Sunspots!
Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th 19, 02:23   #5
Looney
Telepath

Good points and what is key is that what DiTillio did add expanded the scope of the B5 Universe, even if he was trying to create his own little Universe inside the Universe.
Old April 9th 19, 07:02   #6
Kraig
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer View Post

Favourite DiTillio addition to B5 lore: the work he did fleshing out the non-aligned races. That, and Jovian Sunspots!
Jovian Sunspots, always best at the Hour of Scampering.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” — H. L. Mencken, Baltimore Evening Sun, 26 July 1920

"I've been on food stamps and welfare, did anybody help me out? No. No."
-- Craig T. Nelson
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th 19, 15:49   #7
Looney
Telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraig View Post
Jovian Sunspots, always best at the Hour of Scampering.
You know that is really an interesting opinion. Foods and beverages that are best at a certain time of day, especially a busy time of day. Who can list other items that fall into that category?