• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Rules of Engagement

B5Lady

Well, there to start?

Last weekend my friend and I decided to watch that film on dvd. It`s a military drama. A high decorated marine officer is accused of mass murder. And some parts of the administration destroy evidence.

The marine officer is played by Samuel L. Jackson and his lawyer is Tommy Lee Jones. These two form a team that couldn`t be better. Without them the film wouldn`t be what it is: just great!

Well, that film contains some scenes that show real
horror and once again I`m thankful that I live in Germany. (Only because there is no war and religious struggles.)

Excellent film that somehow got lost in the realm of film appreciation. Jackson's greatest performance, IMO, and eye-opening portrayal of the Arab world's feelings toward the US.

I thought one of the better moments in the movie, and perhaps it was a little "too" forced, was at the end when the Vietnamese guy gave a saulte to Jackson's character. Given the fact that Jackson had killed his comrade right in front of him, it sort of showed that it was more of a "soldier to soldier" understanding in that you do what you have to do to protect your men. And that there was a common disagreement with how he was being thrown under the bus.

Well think about it, a soldier is in a better situation to judge a soldiers actions "of all man's endeavours, war stands out as the strangest"
I forget which year it was but German and British troops were facing each other on a battlefield somewhere. On christmas day the two commanding officers approached each other and declared a type of truce. The two groups of soldiers sat daown shared smokes, food, played soccer and discussed hopes and dreams. All the while knowing that they will be killing each other the next for an old mans political war.
Rules of engagement shows exactly how a soldier can be thrown to the wolves by political bastards who can only think of their own backsides. Men and women who have no concept of the code of a warrior. Honour, valour, integrity.

Throughout the world the american soldiers get slated for who they are and what they do wherever they go. I may not agree with the politics behind an ivasion or war but I do respect the women who go out and willingly put their lives on the line so that I can live my life the way I am.
It was an excellent movie which did not recieve the credit it was due.

Yeah, that's the kind of scene that would look corny if taken out of context but really got to me while watching the film.

I also adored the sequence of rescuing the ambassador. Oh, and Jackson's character facing the protestors.

Not just rescuing the Ambassador, but going back for the flag --- which is the Ambassador's responsibility.

Then to make things worse, how after he acted as such a coward and was saved by Jackson, he wouldn't take a stand for him in his trial.

{snip}
Well, that film contains some scenes that show real
horror and once again I`m thankful that I live in Germany. (Only because there is no war and religious struggles.)
Simply because Germany has not declared war on the Arabs does not mean that Al Qaeda is not at war with Germany.

Simply because Germany has not declared war on the Arabs does not mean that Al Qaeda is not at war with Germany.
And frankly, that is the one point that most Americans who oppose the War on Terror, or foreign countries who do, forget about. This "if you dont harm them, they will not harm you" attitude does not fly with the Al Qaeda. If we never bothered them, we would still be Infidels and they would want us dead. Germany or any other country is the same way, just cause you arent at war with them, doesnt mean they dont hate you too. So far you are just lucky they hate us more. ;)

@ Andrew

Your right. They don`t like us. Sometime ago there was a trail against some people who helped the terrorist that flew the planes into the Towers. And nearly every day they told in the news that the police was on red alert. And they also found some bombs!

But the part where I live is really quiet! It`s only some kilometer from the Polish Border.

@ Recoil

I think they are at war with everyone who got another religion than they have unattachted by the country the person belongs to.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back