• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Babylon 5 Season 5 on UK Sci-FI at 10 a.m.

...and let us know if it comes out any differently this time!
/forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
UK Sci-fi are repeating Season 5 of Babylon 5 at 10 a.m. on weekdays

[/quote]
That's curious. I thought Bravo now held the re-run rights in the UK. They are now on their second run through the series in the weekday 3pm slot, with today's episode being "Believers", and are just about to reach "Chrysalis"/"Points of Departure" in their weekend 2pm/6pm slot.

As I say ... curious.

/forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

Do Bravo have the entire series or only the first 4 seasons?

[/quote]
That is a good question. Originally my understanding was that they only had the first 4 seasons. However, the schedules clearly showed them running right through all 5 seasons and finishing with SiL.

As I am at work I never get the chance to see it at 3pm, so cannot verify that from my own experience, but today's episode is allegedly "Signs & Portents" which would fit with the full 5 year run having been completed.

As to ownership of the two channels - I have no idea to be honest.

What kind of moron would buy (or sell,for that matter) only the first four seasons of a five season show? Does this happen in other media. Are films over there missing the last ten minutes? Do some British book stores sell novels that lack the final chapter? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Regards,

Joe

Channel 4 purchased the seasons 1 at a time, because they were made that way. Channel 4 was very slow at showing the second half of Season 5; and decorated them with the breakfast time clock at noon. Later everything was repeated. Third repeat for Seasons 1-4, second for Season 5.

Whilst this was going on UK Sci-Fi got the licence for the first four Seasons and later stopped showing Babylon 5. Earlier this year UK Bravo picked up Babylon 5. It is possible that the fifth season is still being sold separately.

Are films over there missing the last ten minutes? Do some British book stores sell novels that lack the final chapter?

[/quote]
Well, it would explain a lot ...

/forums/images/icons/grin.gif

I had a day off today, and noticed that this afternoon Sci-Fi UK was showing Season 5 at 2 pm, while Bravo was showing Season 1 at 3.

Today's Season 5 episode was when Byron found out about the Vorlons while he and Lyta make love. I'll never understand how she could have done that. Talk about poor taste in men /forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif

Season 1 was TKO which is probably my least favourite episode, but I noticed something I'd never noticed before. The Rabbi who comes to see Ivanova was wearing a suit and tie. I'm not sure we ever saw a man wearing a tie at any other time in B5! Can anyone remember another?

I'm not sure we ever saw a man wearing a tie at any other time in B5! Can anyone remember another?

[/quote]
Sebastian (aka Jack) wore a tie IIRC.

Sebastian (aka Jack) wore a tie IIRC.

[/quote]

Hmm, rather a special case, as he was out in storage by the Vorlons /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

I'd always got the impression before seeing this episode that ties had disappeared by the time of B5. Obviously not for traditionalist Rabbis /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Back