• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

My Centauri Trilogy Review *Slight Spoilers*

I'm going quite slowly through the Technomage Trilogy too - I think I just about passed the half-way point in the first book. But; I'm really enjoying it now the plot is beginning to emerge, and things are hotting up ;)

Still, it's not quite as addictive as the Centauri trilogy, which I gobbled up pretty quickly!

Funny, I went through the Psi Corps trilogy pretty slowly, but picked up speed as I went, kept accelerating through the Centauri trilogy. Then, the first half of Casting Shadows went a little slow (comparable to Dark Genesis), but once I hit Casting Shadows Chapter 6, I was rolling again, and kept accelerating through the remainder of the Technomage trilogy. By the time I hit Summoning Light and Invoking Darkness, I was flying, even though I didn't want it to be over. Couldn't put 'em down.

I find it interesting that the spread of opinion of the "best trilogy" is so even, and in fact the spread on "worst trilogy" also seems quite even. Each series offered something a little different (the Psi Corps trilogy more backstory before the B5 series even started, the Centauri series more on what happened after the show ended, and the Technomage series what was going on in the "bigger universe" contemporaneous with the TV series). I thought the technomage series was the best written, the Centauri series had the more interesting plot, and the Psi Corps trilogy more surprises and unexpected links to the series' charactors.

Well, it goes right back to JMS's comments about the bell curve. Some will think a particular episode is the greatest, some will think it's the worst ever. There will always be these extremes, but if the majority of viewers (or readers in this case) are positioned in the middle and think it's good, you've done your job.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back