• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

What are your favoirte B5/crusade quotes?

TJGuitar85

Regular
Just curious.

there are quite a few that I like for various reasons (Sheridan's "Get the hell out of our galaxy" speech, "Ivanova is God" was always entertaining...but one Galen's hit me pretty well

"There's always hope, because it's the one thing nobody's figured out how to kill yet." -- Galen.

I think one of my favorite dramatic quotes is Delenn from "Severed Dreams":

Delenn: "This is ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw, or be destroyed."

Earthforce captain: "Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship."

Delenn: "Why not? Only one human captain has every survived battle with the Minbari fleet. He is behind me, you are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else!"

Yea, I used that as my signature for awhile, Markas. It's classic. No one in their right mind could think anything other than "hmm, she has a point..." /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

As Sheridan says to Vorlons and Shadows: "Get the hell out of our galaxy!". I mean, it's simply the most funniest one. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Most of the things G'Kar says. And most of the things Kosh says. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I think "Yes." has always been my most favourite, though.

I always enjoy "yes" or "impudent". I would like to be able to talk like a vorlon in real life. The "yes" type responses would be easy. The "we do not concern ourselves with the goings on of other races" whilst watching vids of earth could be incorporated with some thought. But how would one come up with the "The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote." or the conversation with the vicar in front of Talia?

CR

Sheridan: You can't kill the truth. Well, actually you can...it'll just come back to haunt you later.

Durkani: The truth is...
Kendarr: ...out...of fashion.

It's hard to choose, isn't it? There's so much good dialog in B5. But two things stick out most:

Marcus' speech about how unjust a "fair" life would be. "What if we *derserved* what we got" was not only funny, but so tragically *true*!

The second has lots of quotes, really: just about anything Ivanova said in a moment of crisis. From the "it's a Russian thing" to calculate how dumb an action is--and doing it anyway, through the "Ivanova is God" "pep-talk" to the 'Fury pilots, to "The Hand of God" speech against EarthForce.

Yep, Susan got all of the good lines.

And, imho, "Get the hell out of our galaxy" was just silly.

LordRemy

"So, how does it feel to make history?"
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."
"G'Kar, you are a depressing person."
"Thank you."

Trace: "I'm starting to feel like some kind of yo-yo."
Dureena: "Some kind of what??"
Eilerson: "Yo-yo. Slang for fool or idiot."
Trace: "I meant the toy!"
Eilerson: "Oh, and there is that, too."

Lochley: "You know what you are?"
Gideon: "Ruggedly handsome."
Lochley: "A control freak."
Gideon: "Can't I be both?"

Also look at the ones in my signature

"Who knew they were French?"

"Are you trying to cheer me up?"
"No sir. Wouldn't dream of it."
"Good. I hate being cheered up. It's depressing."
"In that case, we're all going to die horrible, lingering deaths."
"Thank you. I feel so much better now."

Also, check out my sigs.

Marcus' speech about how unjust a "fair" life would be
I actually just quoted that to someone the other night at the bar after volleyball.

I have always liked Londo's
"Only an idiot fights a war on two fronts. And only the heir to the throne of the kingdom of idiots fights fights a war on 12 fronts!"

It also has the benefit of being true, in addition to Londo's usual rhetorical flair.

Londo: I have this feeling, something is terribly wrong
G'Kar: You're at war with everyone in the known universe, perhaps you were thinking of that

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

My favorite is: from Londo to Vir - "What do you want, you moon-faced assassin of joy?" Or was it "love?" /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

There are so many good quotes that it is hard to pick just one.

I have a depressing friend who I managed to catch out with a Londo- Vir quote once. I did Londo, and he unknowingly replied with Vir.

"You know your problem. You have a negative personality."
"No I don't."
"There! You see."

Bliss /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

As for a favourite; it depends what mood I'm in. The Marcus ones usually make me laugh, like the one in my sig, then there is the one from season three;

"There is the problem with the space dragon. You know, the kind that eat the sun every thirty days. It's a nusiance, but what can you do with reptiles? Did you know that my nose is on fire, and that I have fifteen wild badgers living in my trousers? Would you prefer ferrets?"

Absolutely classic /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

A few favorites:

"There's a Martian war machine outside. They'd like to have a word with you about the common cold."

"Love? What has love got to do with marriage?"

Londo: "I hate my life"
G'Kar: "So do I."

"The universe is driven by the complex interaction between three ingredients: matter, energy, and enlightened self-interest."

"The doc says his chances are 50/50. Either way, I'd stay on this side of the glass if I were you."

"Now, I go to spread happiness to the rest of the station. It is a terrible responsibility but I have learned to live with it."

"I know, I know. It's a Russian thing. When we're about to do something stupid, we like to catalog the full extent of our stupidity for future reference."

Sinclair: Ready?
Delenn: Why do you always ask that when you are about to do something massively unwise?
Sinclair: Tradition.

"All I can say is that enthusiasm, sincerity, genuine compassion, and humor can carry you through any .. lack of .. prior experience with .. high numerical value."

Refa: Why would I abandon them? (meaning the Shadows)
Londo: Because I have asked you. And because your loyalty to our people should be greater than your ambition. And because I have poisoned your drink.

And, to steal from LH's sig, "Vir! Intelliegence has nothing to do with politics!"

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

Joe

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back