• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Ring of Truth - Rocky or Rocky Horror Picture Show

Morden

Regular
I don't have much to say. If it weren't for the nudity, this one would be even worse than "The Bag". After Sam's excellent job on "Honor Among Thieves'", I hate to see him slip so much.

What the Hell was this about anyway?

I dont know what to feel after this one. It was freakin EVERYWHERE. From eating mushrooms and wigging out, to a circus.

To me the heart of the episode was the whole "child abandonment" thing, and her trying to get back in her daughters life. That part of it was done well enough IMO. The whole prostitute/Theos reward for saving her life/Boxing match just seemed like a REAL WEIRD way to bring this story around.

I thought the circus angle of trying to bring joy and hope to everyone was kind of neat. But other than that, this story went in a LOT of different tangents.

I thought the episode was pretty good the way it was set up.
Theo sending the guys there for a good time for saving her life. The episode was pretty easy to follow. Whats not to get?

There truck broke down, they needed some food. They ate mushrooms which made them hallucinate at night. Next morning Jeremiah wakes up and see a elephant. Kurdy thinks Jeremiah is still out of his mind. They go to the Inn Theo told them about. They have fun. They free one of the women because she found out her Daughter and the daughters father are a town over. They are part of a circus. The gang goes there, Jeremiah helps them find the elephant he saw, since it escaped. Kurdy speechless about it. Mother/Daughter reunited, They find the elephants. Circus goes on, Jeremiah and Kurdy finally have fun in a episode. Thats it :)

Capt

This was probably one of the worst written shows I have seen in a long time.

Why all the references to modern day life that only fully grown people would probably have done or remembered?

How come Jeremiah did not carry food with him when he went for a trip? Survival gear anyone? And why don't they carry emergency gas too? For that matter why dont they ever use guns? How can they wander through such "dangerous" territory without getting shot?

How do you have fresh fruit in winter? And when it snows 10 miles away won't it at least look like snow near the circus?

How did the farmer just happen to have an elephant sized cart and harness?

Why did Jeremiah and the circus man (forgot name) beat up the farmer - he just "found" the elephant, he did not steal it?

For that matter how can the circus afford to feed the elephant?

This show needs to hire better writers, it seems like these writers don't really have a good vision for how things would really be in such a post-apocalyptic situation.

Other episodes have had some of these problems, but not so bad.

All said, I will keep watching because Tripwire was excellent.

>For that matter why dont they ever use guns?

That's a big one for me, too, and it's a running theme on tv shows nowadays. With the exception of cop shows, no good guy ever uses a gun. I know that all the liberal media types are trying like the dickens to brainwash America into thinking "Guns:Bad", but really, it's downright ludicrous. People are evil, guns are inanimate pieces of metal and wood. They can be used for good purposes and bad purposes, depending on the wishes of the wielder. I can sorta understand it for someone like Max on Dark Angel, who can kick the butt of 99% of everyone out there without a gun, but it seems like an all-pervading theme in tv writing nowadays. Also, another related theme is that the good guys never, ever kill the bad guys. If the bad guy is going to die, he has to stumble backward over something in a construction site, and get impaled by a convenient piece of metal sticking out of the floor.

For instance, Pretender. You've got this super genius who's being relentlessly pursued by this evil group of people who want to enslave him. Not only will he never pick up a gun, he never bends his genius to the task of destroying the group of people who are relentlessly pursuing him. That just bugs me.

Were I Jeremiah and Kurdy, I'd walk around with the biggest handgun I could find strapped to my hip, a shotgun within easy reach in the truck, and at least two holdout guns hidden on my body. And don't even get me started on knives...

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Loburian:
<font color=yellow>This show needs to hire better writers, it seems like these writers don't really have a good vision for how things would really be in such a post-apocalyptic situation.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

This show only has two main writers (not counting Barnes who only wrote one ep we have seen so far) and one of them is damn brilliant!

Samm Barnes (who is a producer of some sort for the show, I think) will be writing one more episode before the end of the third season.

For me, it's less a question of how "right" we get a post-apocalyptic world. I'm willing to let a few fact-based things slide in favor of a story with a lot of integrity. And so far, the story has not disappointed.

Re: Ring of Truth - Rocky or Rocky Horror Picture

*faints*

Ok, I am pretty sure Channe meant that Barnes would have another episode before the end of the -first- (not third) season. Right now, that leaves either "Out of Ashes" or "A Means to an End".

I am going to hold off commenting on this episode in detail as I have other things to do this weekend. Still, not a bad episode but it did have it's holes. They really need to get a better editor or something because some action scenes really look awkward and obvious to me. *shrug*

PS: Channe, your avatar ROCKS! /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

Re: Ring of Truth - Rocky or Rocky Horror Picture

FIRST season, FIRST season!

Though I wouldn't be opposed to seeing more Samm Barnes episodes. Good dialogue in the last one.

Thanks. My avatar rocks and kicks Hand-lackey arse.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back