• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Captain Sheridan's 2nd day, and my 1st fanfic

Morden

Regular
Captain Sheridan\'s 2nd day, and my 1st fanfic

Note: This takes place after the events of "Points of Departure" The 1st episode of the 2nd season.

"I tell you, Captain. The Abbai delegation must sleep below us!" Shouted the Drazi ambassador.
"So let me get this straight," Sheridan said, "The Drazi Ambassadors must sleep above the Abbai Ambassadors, because of a law recently written by both your peoples?"
"Yes, it is well known that after we won the Ruikoz War against the Abbai, they have had to sleep below us," informed the Drazi Ambassador.
"And," said Sheridan now facing the Abbai Ambassador, "you agree with this?"
"Yes, I must agree to it," she answered.
"Ah," Sheridan faced them both
now, "Sorry, but there's only one problem with this, all the quarters in the Ambassadorial Wing are on the same floor. To move the Abbai down, would be putting them in normal quarters which are used by tourist, station personnel and others. Moving the Abbai out of the ambassadorial wing violates our lodging treaties here at Babylon 5, so, I ask that the Drazi overlook this...small predicament, and stay at the quarters you have been assigned," Sheridan suggest with a small mental prayer.
"This is an outrage, Captain! You've obviously proven yourself unworthy, Even Sinclair can govern better than you!" The Drazi shouted.
He stormed out of the office, and the Abbai Ambassador followed a few seconds later.
Damn this! Why'd it all happen to him? He'd have to tell Anna how bad this new job was. He turned to walk out and it hit him. Anna wasn't there, and she would never be there.

---

Sheridan just finished the paperwork that would promote Ivanova up to a Commander. Her record was shining, she deserved the promotion, and it was also time for her to learn the fine art of Diplomacy. Maybe then she could handle the unimportant, minor problems like the Abbai and Drazi's quarters.
Too bad Ivanova wasn't back yet. Perhaps she could of shown him the ropes, but he had put Ivanova and the rest of Zeta Squadron to intercept a band of Raiders. The Raiders obviously thought they would take advantage of a new Captain and hijack a transport while Babylon 5 was wrapped up in its own affair of handling the renegade Minbari.
Raiders, Renegades, and Drazi, oh my! thought Sheridan.
But he had complete confidence in Invanova, Keffer, and the rest of Zeta Squad. They hadn't let him down yet, and besides it was too far away for B5 to do much about it.

---

"So, how'd it go with the Raiders?" Asked Sheridan upon Ivanova's return home.
"Fine sir, as soon as the Raiders picked us up on their sweeps, they made a run for it," Ivanova answered
"Ah, good, good. So you didn't get near each other? No shots fired?" Wondered Sheridan.
"No sir, like I said, as soon as the Raiders picked us up, they ran like they had to use the potty.
The potty? Sheridan turned over and walked towards a station map.
"Yes, the potty..." Sheridan said with a smile.

"Your new quarter arrangements have been made, Ambassadors," Sheridan informed them.
"Good," said the Drazi, "Then, we will be above the Abbai party?
"Oh, why of course, Ambassador, in fact you'll be above all the other ambassadors in the station."
Once he said this he saw a very large smile on the Drazi's face.
"You see, we here at Babylon 5, want nothing but the best for our ambassadors, so we've left the others in the ambassadorial wing, and decided to move the Drazi delgation at the top of the station directly above the Abbai."
The Drazi was in total happiness now.
He ran his finger across a station map. "The Drazi's new quarters will now be located in... Waste Extraction Junction 3," Sheridan told them keeping a straight face.
The Drazi's face had now turned to shock, "This is another outrage, Captain!" he yelled screaming before he stormed out the door.
The Abbai soon also left, and Sheridan had a good laugh. He wasn't worried about the Drazi now, he would win that problem, easy. Besides he had to see if the Narn Ambassador was back and to check on his Security Cheif, and he also wanted to see the Minbari Ambassador, see if she was still wrapped in that cocoon...

------------------
"I've stood here before in the pouring rain
With the world turning circles 'round my brain
I guess I'm always hoping that you'll end this reign
But it's my destiny to be the king of pain." -Sting "King of Pain"

Re: Captain Sheridan\'s 2nd day, and my 1st fanfic

Thank you, Mr. Morden! Ever grateful to hear undisclosed background info from the associates!
smile.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
"We are the universe, trying to figure itself out.
Unfortunately we as software lack any coherent documentation."
-- Delenn

Ha Ha Ha! Very good Morden. Can we expect more...I hope?!?

------------------
"...abso-FRAGGIN-lutely, damn it! I have been studying your use of lauguage since our last discussion. Do you approve?"

Flarnchef, it looks like I'll have to write more judging from the last three reviews.
Thanks Lennier, and thanks FlarnChef.
And watch out Channe, maybe I'll be the next JMS!

------------------

Lord, I'm notorious
smile.gif

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS

Thank you for the laugh, Morden!
laugh.gif
smile.gif

------------------
EntilZhaDelenn, Future portrayer of Ambassador Delenn

"There is always hope. It is the one thing no one has figured out how to kill... yet." Galen.

"Untied we stand, divided we fall." P. Diddy What's Going On?

I live for the Pepsi, I die for the Pepsi.

Tee-hee... that was pretty funny.
laugh.gif

Please, don't let this first attempt be your final one.
smile.gif

------------------
"Narns, Humans, Centauri... we all do what we do for the same reason: because it seems like a good idea at the time." - G'Kar, Mind War
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com

Again, thank you for the great reviews. I promise this story won't be my last.

------------------

Pretty funny Morden.
laugh.gif
I admit that I hadn't been reading your story because what time I have had here in this forum has been taken up mostly by the other fics here that have been written well before yours. But I got a chance to "tune into" your story and I enjoyed it. It seems as if I have another fic writer to add to my list.
smile.gif

------------------
Lorien: Who are you?
RW: The salad man.
Lorien: Why are you here?
RW: To be the salad ambassador.
Lorien: What do you want?
RW: Everyone to know the joys of salad.
Lorien: Do you have anything worth living for?
RW: Yes, my salad bars.

[This message has been edited by RW7427 (edited December 18, 2001).]

Great story Morden! Like many have said, "I hope to see more"
smile.gif

------------------
-With every light is born a shadow-

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back