• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Help Again!!!

Hey Guys,

Awhile ago I posted a message about a quote from Tennysen. This is the response I got back.

Tho' much is taken, much abides; and tho'
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

From Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson (1809-1883) A Poem Left by Jeff Sinclair for John Sheridan

This is the quote I was looking for but I need to know if the spelling on everything is 100% correct. Isn't tho' spelt though? and is tennysen spelt correctly?

This is for my senior section of my high school year book so I need this correct.

Thanks in advance,
HockeyPlayer47

Oh ye of litle faith!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I did type it word for word and with all the appropriate punctuation from the Army of Light B5 trading card!!!! OK so it's not the original, but it should be close enough to be accurate!

I even left the coffee stain on! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Okay... now for the nitpicking part. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

In my copy of Tennyson's collected works, there's a semicolon after Moved earth and heaven instead of a comma. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back