• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Ranger Material

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Jolan Tru.

Since I'm back.. I figured this would be a good time to ask a question:

I recently made a Ranger costume consisting of some random dark underclothing and the long duster-vest ranger wear. For the shoulder area, I could not find the fabric used on the show. You can see it clearly on Sinclair's uniform.. it also makes up his big ole' cloak that he wears in WWE part 1. I had to settle for a sort of abstract reddish leopardish sort of patern which looks pretty good.

Does anyone know what fabric the costume producers used on the show? I'd really like to get ahold of some to make a full Entil'Zha Mapadoo cloak.

~M~

On their budget, chances are they walked into a local fabric store and bought remnants off the sale rack. There are thouands upon thousands of new textiles designs put out every year - good luck finding it.

It's funny. With your Romulan greeting, it makes sense that you're into fabric. Those TNG Romulan uniforms were the only time I really looked closely and said, "Where'd they ever get that funky fabric?"

Ooo...

Romulan uniform fabric is great. I've picked up several paterns over the years that made great Romulan unfiorms. Most replica costumes can be aproximated to my satisfaction... but rangers and romulans are a breed apart.

~M~

MAPADOO'S BACK!!!

Wow, I thought I'd never see the day, honestly, PK and I thought you had gotten killed or something.
Well, anyway, it's nice to see you back, Mattea!

*Wipes away a tear*

My favorite shadow liason and my favorite Psi-Cop remembered my name. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

~M~

Back