• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

All B5 Fans Should Have This On Their Fridge

I was attempting to make a point about how B5 fans need to "accept the things we cannot change -" such as, the fact that Crusade and Rangers are dead.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I don't have a problem with people who aren't religious just because they aren't, so they shouldn't have a problem with me just because I am.

That said, religion has NOTHING to do with this post. Geesh.

And the point was quite obvious, Channe. I'd never have thought it had anything to do with religion - except for that word "Lord", which just happens to be a part of the poem/prayer thingy - and certainly didn't have a problem with it, in spite of being an atheist. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

I just don't get the idea of fridge magnets in general. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Fridge magnets are cool.

They keep my to-be-paid bills stuck to the fridge.

Without my fridge magnets, I'd never remember anything.

Ahh. I just keep stuff by my computer where I'm sure to see them all the time. I go to the fridge so rarely that it wouldn't make much sense to keep important stuff attached to it. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

I certainly won't accept Crusade and Rangers being dead, failed or anything similar. Those stories did not fail. They may still be told at some point. The only thing I accept is reduced probability of them being told in the way JMS originally planned it.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I personally think that all B5 fans should have salad bar magnets on their refrigerators, but that's just because I'm a little biased.

[/quote]
Send me salad bar magnets, and I'll put them on the fridge! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

I just don't get the idea of fridge magnets in general.

[/quote]
Maybe it's just a human aversion to flat, blank spaces. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Seriously, though, in a typical family of 4, the fridge is where you know everyone will see something. So the nephew's pictures or prize essays go on the fridge. The funny comics and quotes from the newspaper, etc.

ok . granted .... But i am offended by religion . And not just christianity , ALL RELIGIONS . You can think what you like , Say what you like , As long as you dont push it on me
I am glad we are clear on that /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

If statements are needed, I would prefer a conditional statement. Equating something to "cool" (whatever this word could mean for a religion) without considering the nature of the thing proclaimed cool... it seems very inadequate.

I am wondering more and more why people get angry and post to threads that THEY THEMSELVES say they don't like.

/forums/images/icons/confused.gif

Am I the only person around here who simply does NOT READ a thread that offends me? Or posts why I think it is offensive, and then STAYS AWAY? /forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif

I can't imagine that all of these bright people can't manage to come to that same, simple solution. /forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif

Big news flash: if you don't like it, don't keep coming back to read more! Find another thread. Or another website.

If things are bad enough, see the poster's name and skip that post. Just exactly where is the problem here? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

Just don't tell me I'm the only one who is bright enough to figure this out. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

You might be among the few who can do that. However, I very much doubt if that is the case. It is more likely a case of different people understanding things differently, assigning them different values of perceived relevance, and ignoring things of low relevance more easily.

While I can skip things of no interest, I cannot and generally will not skip things which provoke me, both in the positive and negative sense, unless their relevance is below threshold, the latter not being a fixed value.

Hypatia, people are people. People will always be people. We humans are a unique people with strange tendencies and habits. Life is full of mysteries consider this one of them.

Lennier it is time for a more in depth Morden equation...
Religion = Undescribable

You can't explain what moves people to live and die and do and do not and kill for someone they've never (physically) met. Ultimately though, religion attends to itself, otherwise churches and mosques and temples and the people that dwell inside them would never have lasted as long as they do. It is true that religion attends to itself - much like the truth attends to itself. Does this mean that religion is truth? I cannot say... perhaps religion is a truth of your soul and your spirituality, perhaps they are different alltogether, but truth and religion both share that unique element.
If you have more math questions, ask Hypatia, she's the math genius. If you have more religion questions, ask Channe, she appears to have her heart in the right place. (Aside from the fact that she's a Spin Doctor. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif )
Anyway, ask them because I am leaving.

Truth does not attend to itself.

Perhaps only life can do that, despite entropy (which also attends to itself, and makes sure most things cannot do the same). Truth needs someone to consider what is true, and only life can provide that someone. Without someone to consider, there would be no truth. Even when someone does consider, truth stays subjective, different for different individuals.

While it might share very limited properties with religion (such as not attending to itself, a property covering most imaginable phenomena, some of them very different) it is certainly not equal to religion. Many attempts at religion do well without truth or doubt.

Any attempt at truth needs doubt. However, it does not entirely exclude religion, because the latter, like most subjective things, can be pursued in very different ways, either with doubt, considering what is true, or without doubt, pretending to know what is best for everyone.

Lennier, I just turned 16 last month and I haven't even taken a Philosophy class yet. You gotta catch me a break on these metaphysical debates. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Be well, man.

No problem at all. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Had your reply been flawless, I couldn't have nitpicked on it, which would be boring. An important observation about any kinds of debate: no claim is flawless, impossible to niptick on, unless that claim contradicts itself (being meaningless) or is not a claim, instead constituting a question or nothing at all. It is just that in some claims, flaws are hard to find or impossible to fully prove, which does not mean they are flawless.

But i am offended by religion

[/quote]

I'm offended by you.
Jesus, if you can't stand to even see the word "Lord" somewhere, go live in a cave and never come out.

Oh no, I said "Jesus." I must be preaching Christianity!

If you're going to hate religion, at least do it intelligently. I can't stand religion-bashers who practice exactly the same kind of attitude that they hate about religion.

/forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif

I like fridge magents. They are cool! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

And I am one of those said Christians. If I offend anyone, then I see that as their problem. I don't push my belief on anyone, and that is how I believe God would want it. It's called "sharing" what you believe. If I offend someone, then it must be because they are insecure.

I'm offended by you.

[/quote]
That is up to you GKE
Jesus, if you can't stand to even see the word "Lord" somewhere, go live in a cave and never come out.

[/quote]
it wasn`t that paticular quote that riled me it was her "continued" use to push religion on to others .. and the fact that she argued with me that jesus existed .. I do realise that you can`t live from day to day without coming across something that has religious connections .
If you're going to hate religion, at least do it intelligently. I can't stand religion-bashers who practice exactly the same kind of attitude that they hate about religion.

[/quote]
I do believe you have the wrong end of the stick ... Or maybe i wasn`t clear . i dont hate religion i hate religion or "other beliefs" being pushed forcibly onto others by certain people...
Are you religious gke ? if you are then it would be convenient wouldn`t it gke ??

Jeez.

I have never, EVER, pushed religion on ANYBODY. Let alone on you. I haven't even talked about religion with you yet.

I really don't know where your delusions are coming from.

I will continue to talk about religion. I will continue to talk about writing. If you have a problem with it, whatever. Have your little problem - but let us have a decent discussion, willya?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back