• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Star Trek Fan Collective DVD sets

GKarsEye

Regular
Ok Trekkies, here's the latest DVD selling gambit from the franchise: themed boxed sets spanning the various series with episode choices supposedly voted on by fans (which I don't buy since it included Enterprise episodes).

Klingon set

Q

Time Travel

Borg

The good;
Affordable collections which include some of the best and most popular episodes.

The bad:
An obvious attempt to milk the same content over and over again. But that doesn't bother me.

Some episodes are repeated, and that sucks. TNG finale is on the time travel and Q sets, and the Voyager finale is on the time travel and Borg sets.

Also, there definitely are some good Klingon eps missing from that set.

Still, I may actually bite on these. Used or on sale, I could probably score all 4 for like $50.

Actaully, it's kind of a good thing if you like certain arcs, or if you like all the Borg stuff, but wouldn't want to invest in 7 seasons of Voyager to get the Borg stuff not included in the first two series.

Their was enough fan interest in Tiome Travel episodes to have a "Best of Time Travel Set"? I thought Time Travel and Reset switches was what killed the franchise because people were over it?

Enterprise S4 was great, S1 and 2 sucked, S3 was decent but got old before the season was over.

I'm happy that they did these collections, because it's the only way I was going to get Voyager Scorpion I & II. I hadn't seen Scorpion I since the initial airing, and I sure as hell was not going to buy two Voyager season sets to get Scorpion I & II.

Hey, I liked seeing the Borg get their butts kicked by a race whose ships slightly resembled Vorlon ships :) , and the method of joining firepower to destroy a Borg planet was unexpected and well done.

If I remember by Voyager correctly (that's weird thing to type), Scorpion was a replacement story for something more ambitious they planned, but for some reason it didn't come to be so they basically said, "fuck it, let's have some Borg." Though this two-parter is alright, it also gave us 7 of 9 and made a mediocre show bad.

Their was enough fan interest in Tiome Travel episodes to have a "Best of Time Travel Set"? I thought Time Travel and Reset switches was what killed the franchise because people were over it?

Yeah, another reason I'm suspicious of the whole "fan voted" thing. Year of Hell (an episode I actually like) is very much hated amongst Trekdom because of the giant reset button.

I'll also point out that there's a Picard collection- it's not a "fan collective." If it has Inner Light, I may get it.

I remember liking Year of Hell .. I mostly was thinking that that was what the show should have been like from the beginning. Alas ...

One of the rare episodes of Voyager post season 2 I saw :D .. after having seen "the Void", my interest to see more was fairly restrained. I do hope I had an especially bad pick there htough anyways :eek: .. what a pretentious piece of garbage that was ...

I remember liking Year of Hell .. I mostly was thinking that that was what the show should have been like from the beginning. Alas ...

Yeah, that was hardcore... and in many ways how the new BSG show is, constantly on the run with danger at every turn and lots of death... Shame it got the old reboot button treatment!

Back