• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

EpDis: Moments Of Transition

The Illusion Of Truth

• C -- Average

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D -- Poor

• F -- Failure

• Total voters
This one's a favorite of mine, not just because it was the final script I got to finish my collection. As we've learned is common, the quieter sounding titles JMS would use often were the most crucial episodes. I was sorry to see the end of Neroon, that's for sure.

Jan

It was too bad saying goodbye to Neroon. And I, too, really liked the Minbari civil war arc(s). For such a strong, superior race to fall back to such ways (like herding people out of the city until they die of exposure) really seemed... like "how the mighty have fallen".

Am I the only one who thought Neroon's sudden awakening to having the heart of the Religious cast was a bit... comical, though? And wow, since when do the Minbari act on such random impulses, anyway? :)

Yeah, the thing with Neroon was pretty good. It was too bad to see him go, I agree, but I guess it was necessary. He was probably one of the few that realized that Delenn and the ideas she believed in were best for the Minbari people and was willing to even give his life for those ideas.

And perhaps that was the point. Or that he just had a very powerful spiritual moment. But what exactly could be achieved with his death that couldn't be by just calling off the war? :confused:

But what exactly could be achieved with his death that couldn't be by just calling off the war? :confused:

Wasn't it the case of the one who stayed in the starfire wheel and gave his/her life for the cause, that one's caste would lead? Delenn elected to stay inside, and give her life. Remember, Lennier said she was making a point? By Delenn not coming out right after Shakiri, somebody in the Religious Caste had to be sacrificed in the starfire wheel. Neroon (Warrrior Caste) believed in her and her cause, and so had to convert to Religious Caste in order save Delenn (Religious Caste) and not alter who's caste would lead. After that, Delenn hand picked the next Grey Council, 5 Worker Caste, 2 Religious Caste, and 2 Warrior Caste.

Wasn't it the case of the one who stayed in the starfire wheel and gave his/her life for the cause, that one's caste would lead?

Exactly, which made Neroon's sacrifice that much more meaningful. He'd gone from wanting his caste to lead the Anla'shok to realizing that the Rangers would die for her to realizing that her leadership was worth dying for himself, even to the extent of renouncing the Warrior Caste to ensure it.

Jan

Also remember who Neroon's old boss was. Branmer. The one who went from Religious to Warrior back before the Minbari War, and whose remains are at the center of "Legacies."

Neroon completes the circle.

Ah, so it was all done so that Delenn could pick the next council. Actually that does make sense. Especially since Neroon had a lot to do with the starting of the civil war in the first place. It was a way to both redeem himself and to allow the plan to go forward.

I need to rewatch these episodes some day. :)

Also remember who Neroon's old boss was. Branmer. The one who went from Religious to Warrior back before the Minbari War, and whose remains are at the center of "Legacies."

Neroon completes the circle.

And that is a nice touch that completely escaped me. But that's another part of Minbari thinking: restoring balance and completing circles.

Considering that Neroon was actually on Delenn's side the entire time, he had already taken a big step towards redemption, I think. Dying nobly always gets you redemption points, though.

Now, remind me: wasn't it Delenn who basically screwed up the plan by deciding to sacrifice herself? In a way, can't you say she unwittingly helped to kill him?

Well, I can say it was a surprise, it was sad to see such a good character go, but in the end I was surprised B5 managed to hang onto as many regulars as it did. :LOL:

Now, remind me: wasn't it Delenn who basically screwed up the plan by deciding to sacrifice herself? In a way, can't you say she unwittingly helped to kill him?

Well, I can say it was a surprise, it was sad to see such a good character go, but in the end I was surprised B5 managed to hang onto as many regulars as it did. :LOL:

:beer: Now tell me true, who do you want to go on, plotwise, Dalenn or Neroon? :devil: Though it could have been a really big plot-twist: Sheridan and Neroon gt married and have a child. :devil:

Who said it was either one or the other? They'd come to an agreement, after all, that might have worked.

But yes, this made great drama. :)

Sorry kiddo, The Caste who's champion DIED, not lasted longest, was the "old rule" which Delenn was basing her challenge on, pre-Valen. Somebody had to die and she was aware of that, thus her letter to lennier.

Ah, that was the detail I couldn't remember.

So it did have a purpose. :)

I really need to buy and watch the entire series again some day. It's been too many years. :LOL:

I don't remember where or when, but I remember sometime ago reading something that seemed to be saying that with jms having all sorts of potential trap doors for characters should he come upon a real life situation that required him to remove characters from the story that this event was one he had in case he needed it for Delenn. That if for some reason he couldn't continue the Delenn character for one reason or another that he had this moment as an option for actually killing off Delenn and full-time bringing on Neroon to replace her in the character lineup for the show. Again, I don't remember where I read that though.

I don't remember where or when, but I remember sometime ago reading something that seemed to be saying that with jms having all sorts of potential trap doors for characters should he come upon a real life situation that required him to remove characters from the story that this event was one he had in case he needed it for Delenn. That if for some reason he couldn't continue the Delenn character for one reason or another that he had this moment as an option for actually killing off Delenn and full-time bringing on Neroon to replace her in the character lineup for the show. Again, I don't remember where I read that though.

I know it was written in one of the script volumns. Which one I can't remember. 6 or 7 :confused:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back