• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5 glitches

In the Mars bunker episode where Lyta and Franklin and Garabaldi are going to take out the Mars gun tower - when they get into the bunker, they weld the door shut.

Then in the next episode, we see Lyta just opening the door to go outside and contact the teeps in the earthforce ships- The door wasn't welded shut now.

And another one I noticed..is that Kosh shook the Sinclair impersonator's hand (the first episode)- since when did Kosh ever have a hand to shake in his encounter suit?

Any other glitches you noticed???

or want to discuss?

Kosh shaking hands with Sinclair wasn't a glitch. This is even touched upon in a later episode.

Remember, Lyta saw her body, not Kosh's.

What do you mean?

I thought when Lyta went into Kosh's mind, she saw what kosh saw...

and it was touched up when? how?

***confused*** sorry..

There is some line where she says, as near as I can remember:

"When I go into his mind, I'll see what he saw, but I'll still see my body. The mind is totally subjective."

In "the War Prayer," I think Sinclair comes to a similar realization about Kosh's hand, and starts poking around. I don't think they ever got a definite answer.

But remember, Kosh asked for all the cameras to be turned off in the docking bay -- and still came out wearing his encounter suit. If he was wearing that, what, exactly, was he trying to hide? The fact that he had a human-looking hand, perhaps?

As to the welding glitch, good catch.

Me, I always notice the glitch between "Messages from Earth" and "Point of No Return." In the first, G'Kar says he's got six weeks left to serve in his imprisonment. In the second, which ostensibly picks up immediately after the first, he says he's got two weeks. At most a few days have passed.

You're right Koshfan...since when did kosh ever come out of his suit?

and didn't he need a specific atmosphere in his quarters? Lyta went from wearing a mask, to not wearing one...and even John wore a mask too in kosh's room.

but when kosh saved John, kosh was flying around with no mask on...

So, why did kosh have all that smoke in his room (i imagine to insinuate that there was different air), and humans needed masks in his room, but when he's out of his encounter suit, he breathed the same air that humans did?

I never did get the point about lyta carrying kosh around. nor did they say what kosh was doing while being carried.

You're right Koshfan...since when did kosh ever come out of his suit?

and didn't he need a specific atmosphere in his quarters? Lyta went from wearing a mask, to not wearing one...and even John wore a mask too in kosh's room.

but when kosh saved John, kosh was flying around with no mask on...

So, why did kosh have all that smoke in his room (i imagine to insinuate that there was different air), and humans needed masks in his room, but when he's out of his encounter suit, he breathed the same air that humans did?

I never did get the point about lyta carrying kosh around. nor did they say what kosh was doing while being carried.

The atmosphere in his quarters was a ruse, to justify him being in his Encounter suit. Also, kept people out for the most part. Lyta was fitted with Gills to allow her to breathe that atmosphere.

Does it count as a "glitch" if real world events *forced* it?

In the tag at the end of "Severed Dreams", after the hand-to-hand combat with Clarke's boarding troops, we see Garibaldi limping and leaning on a cane, wiht two healthy arms. At the begining of the next episode (which again picks up with very little time lag), the cane is gone and his arm is in a sling.

Of course, we know that happened because the tag was filmed before the battle scene and Jerry Doyle really broke his arm in the filming.

And another one I noticed..is that Kosh shook the Sinclair impersonator's hand (the first episode)- since when did Kosh ever have a hand to shake in his encounter suit?

The original Kosh had 2 hands. When the costume was made the hands, arms and legs disappeared. The script was not changed to reflect this.

sorry but your all wrong. the reason Lyta saw her hand is because Kosh OPENED his encounter suit to Sinclair and appeared in his true(false angel) form. Sinclair is 'Entilzha' and Kosh was paying him due respect.

Kosh also probably missed him since he hadn't seen 'Valen' for almost a thousand years.

the atmosphere thing was a ruse, sindatur is correct. Vorlons are beings of pure energy and so don't need to 'breathe'.

The door welding is a definite HUH? but the controversy of Kosh's hand has been a much discussed issue around here for a long time.

sorry but your all wrong. the reason Lyta saw her hand is because Kosh OPENED his encounter suit to Sinclair and appeared in his true(false angel) form. Sinclair is 'Entilzha' and Kosh was paying him due respect.

Kosh also probably missed him since he hadn't seen 'Valen' for almost a thousand years.

the atmosphere thing was a ruse, sindatur is correct. Vorlons are beings of pure energy and so don't need to 'breathe'.

So you're suggesting that Kosh flew out of his encounter suit and revealed himself as an Angel of Light and got poisoned anyway? Even if he presented himself as the angel Michael rather than the Minbari Valeria, I think the assassin would've been too dumbstuck to continue. Not to mention, Lyta's quote to Franklin that the poison was applied right above the right hand, meaning at that time (script-wise) Vorlons did have some kind of hand in there.

Last edited:
In the Mars bunker episode where Lyta and Franklin and Garabaldi are going to take out the Mars gun tower - when they get into the bunker, they weld the door shut.

Then in the next episode, we see Lyta just opening the door to go outside and contact the teeps in the earthforce ships- The door wasn't welded shut now.

Just got a chance to check the script on this one. The relevant part of the script parts are:

And he touches his Link...and there's an EXPLOSION from the
door that BLOWS it open (but not off the hinges).
They try to go for
their weapons, but it's tight quarters, and the sudden lack
of oxygen in the room (the door opens out to the Martian
atmosphere) kicks in as well.
GARIBALDI
(to another soldier)
Get the airlock doors sealed and
pressurized!
They shut the door, using a hand-welder to fix the damage.

In other words, they blew open the door and had to fix it before they could properly repressurize the bunker.

Jan

At the time of the pilot move the Vorlon AND shadows were originally envisaged to be more humanoid. The thing were lyta talks about us seeing things from here perspective was DUBBED into the TNT special edition of the pilot, as was the addition of the ‘glowy’ effect to the hand. The original pilot had neither. (I accidently got copies of both) and their inclusion was to try and explain why Kosh was later seen as a completely diffierent type of creature.

I don’t know where the eventual idea for the vorlons came from, but the arachnid look for the Shadows was an idea that Ron Thornton had which he developed with John Teska in order to make them look more alien and threatening. It’s an example of the sort of thing they did off their OWN backs to demonstrate what CGI could do for the show. When they let jms see it, he loved it and they kept the idea of that and all the organic tech stuff.

Remember, for a couple of years jms always referred to them as shadow-men. The basic idea for the show was there, but as the script books show – things changed and developed for a numbe of reasons – some quite extensively.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back