• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

WB Possibly thinking Big Screen B5 movie.

Well, I'll believe it when JMS says it's in production. Still, it's nice to have something to hope for. Thanks, Trekgeezer!

The part that gives me a little hope is that Warner Brothers are asking JMS instead of the other way around this time.

My fingers are crossed.

Well, its a long way from actually happening, but its good news any way you look at it.

Almost five years ago, I read a similar story about a B5 movie, and got way to excited about it. I'll try not to make the same mistake here.

I look at that as good news as well, and a nice tidbit. Sounded like the writer of the article is as skeptical as we are...and its sort of an unconfirmed source, but still, it makes sense given things and was good news to hear.

Hopefully more will develop over the coming months.

I look at that as good news as well, and a nice tidbit. Sounded like the writer of the article is as skeptical as we are....

....kind of like Charlie Brown about to kick the football that Lucy is holding.

I'll believe it when the titles roll.

This

I don't want to get too excited about it.

As much as I enjoyed Lost Tales, I also don't want it to be another long movie with a bunch of exposition about religion and God and demons and stuff. I'd want a friggin' stellar story, which I know JMS can do.

As much as I enjoyed Lost Tales, I also don't want it to be another long movie with a bunch of exposition about religion and God and demons and stuff.

At 72 minutes, Lost Tales was hardly long. Also, a movie is usually one cohesive piece, not two (or more) distinct pieces (episodes). Exceptions would be the Twilght Zone or Creepshow movies.

I'd want a friggin' stellar story, which I know JMS can do.

Yeah, "In the Beginning" and "A Call to Arms."

Nice avatar, BTW. :)

It would be a dream come true if this gets made. I would want to see it made on JMS' terms; what worried me last time (and I guess everyone else) were the recasting rumours. Unless we have the characters we all know and love, it would be a bit pointless. Assuming any of the general public are still familiar with the show, most people would think Babylon 5 = Shadows. As this new story would have to be set after the Shadow War (due to the fact the actors are now 10 years older since that arc), what would be the hook to get people into the cinemas?

A problem would be the loss of Richard and Andreas. I know I would really feel their absence from the ensemble.

:(

At 72 minutes, Lost Tales was hardly long. Also, a movie is usually one cohesive piece, not two (or more) distinct pieces (episodes). Exceptions would be the Twilght Zone or Creepshow movies.

Yeah, "In the Beginning" and "A Call to Arms."

Nice avatar, BTW. :)

It felt long, the first part anyway. It just seemed like a philosophy lesson in a sense. Though I will say, the special effects / graphics were absolutely phenomenal.

And thanks about the avatar! I love me some Dr. House.

I don't really know how I feel about this anymore. Despite my handle, I've pretty much moved on. B5 has occupied a big chunk of my life, but I think that time is over - especially in light of the deaths of castmembers and how the show looks on a 52 inch screen.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back