• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Problems with original Region 2 DVDs

PJ Maybe

OK here's a weird one.

If we cast our minds back to when Season 5 was just released in the uk.....

There was an issue with disc 5 (if i remember correctly the intro scene was omitted from an episode - correct me if I am wrong - oh you know you want to) and I wrote to WBUK for a replacement.

Very shortly after I received a replacement disc 5 (with the fault corrected) but also with a letter from WBUK saying that they would also be sending me a disc 4 (of season 5 I assume) as soon as it became available.

For geeky completeness, does anyone know what was wrong with the original with disc 4?

IIRC the issue was the wrong credit sequence on the opening of The Corps is Mother, The Corps is Father .... i.e. they had used the regular one rather than the special Psi-Corps credits.

I received the same letter but, now that I think about it, I never received a replacement disc either.

And you are correct about disc 5 ... that was missing the entire pre-credit sequence from The Fall Of Centauri Prime, a much more pressing problem that the credit cockup.

Thanks

The reason why I posted this query is that I found the letter again and rang up WB and they kindly sent me a new disc 4.

Now I can check this out, I will report back.

Incidently this time the replacement disc came in the slim plastic cover with printed paper inserted cover rather than in a paper cd envelope.

The spine of the cover does not have any text on it (you know show name, series number etc.)

WBUK very helpful, I have to say.

OK

I can confirm that the replacement disc 4 that I was sent does have the Psi badge in the introduction.

thanks

"IIRC the issue was the wrong credit sequence on the opening of The Corps is Mother, The Corps is Father .... i.e. they had used the regular one rather than the special Psi-Corps credits."- GaribaldisHair

:) Fascinating..... I never caught that GaribaldisHair. :eek: Besides the error Warner Bros Video made and other little nuances, is there anything that Michael Straczynski himself intentionally did to the episodes. Such as add in Ester eggs?

Last edited:
I wonder if they will still issue replacements, it always bugs me that the teaser is missing. What I find even more strange is that JMS starts the commentary with the titles, surely he noticed part of the episode was missing?!

I doubt if JMS did a different commentary for Region 2 than he did for Region 1 so it's probably more a matter that the commentary track was inserted improperly.

Jan

I doubt if JMS did a different commentary for Region 2 than he did for Region 1 so it's probably more a matter that the commentary track was inserted improperly.

Jan

I don't think so, unless Warners edited some of it out. From what I remember, what he talks about was in sync with what was on screen. He starts with the 'Hello, this is JMS' bit as soon as the titles start, so it implies that is where he started recording.

There must have been something edited, then, because there's commentary throughout the teaser.

Jan

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back