• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Lost season 4 (spoilers)

Ok, maybe Claire isn't dead. But she's not "there" in a sense. She'd never leave Aaron. She loves that wee lil' chunk!

Ok, maybe Claire isn't dead. But she's not "there" in a sense. She'd never leave Aaron. She loves that wee lil' chunk!

I'm really not sure who's dead and who's alive on this island anymore.

If Jack's father died in Sidney and the island resurrected him it could have done it with every other character who died-Charlie, Anna-Lucia, Danielle, the crazy Russian guy and so on.;)

Remember the island doesn't "resurrect" people....but it seems to generate "manifestations" of those who are dead. There has been NO indication that anyone who has died has ever been resurrected.

Jack's dad could simply be another manifestation, albeit a more complex and important one. I mean come on, the guy lives in a cabin that itself is a manifestation, appearing and disappearing, and moving around. I seriously doubt he is true flesh and blood.

Remember the island doesn't "resurrect" people....but it seems to generate "manifestations" of those who are dead. There has been NO indication that anyone who has died has ever been resurrected.

Jack's dad could simply be another manifestation, albeit a more complex and important one. I mean come on, the guy lives in a cabin that itself is a manifestation, appearing and disappearing, and moving around. I seriously doubt he is true flesh and blood.

Yes it's possible.I keep thinking that the island is an alien life form that simply explores and tests people like in a reality program.

I think there was a similar episode of Star Trek TNG where Enterprise was captured by a giant alien life form which was testing the crew by imitating a Romulan attack and other tough situations for the characters.

Last edited:
And how can Claire be dead? Was she even remotely near death? She was walking in the freakin woods!

She could have died in the attack from the mini-army when Sawyer, Locke, Ben, Hurley and Claire were in the little village. She was in a house that exploded. So perhaps she died then and has been walking around as a manifestation ever since.

I guess thats possible, but if thats the case she stuck around FAR longer than any of the other manifestations.

New ep tonight which should explain... well, prob nothing, but whatever. I probably won't really be paying attention since it's right after the season finale of The Office, which I expect will be awesome.

Doesn't Jack's dad appear to him in the future too? I wonder if it will be interesting to watch this series again now that we know certain things ...

She could have died in the attack from the mini-army when Sawyer, Locke, Ben, Hurley and Claire were in the little village. She was in a house that exploded. So perhaps she died then and has been walking around as a manifestation ever since.

I don't know about this ... wasn't she carrying Aaron around during this time? Still, I can't figure out why Claire "left" her baby but it certainly makes more sense to me why Kate has Aaron in the future now.

Doesn't Jack's dad appear to him in the future too? I wonder if it will be interesting to watch this series again now that we know certain things ...

Yeah, if I remember correctly—in the hospital. He said he wasn’t meant to raise Aaron.

I wonder if that is because Jack is meant to somehow return to the island. I also wonder what happened to Juliette in the future. I kind of liked her with Jack (for some reason) instead of Kate. Not sure why.

Kate with straight hair is nice.

Yes, I spent the touching funeral scene admiring a pretty lady. But I've made peace with my soul's doomed fate a long time ago.

I was wondering if/when Jack found out about his genetic relationship to Claire. Also interesting how they pretty much ended up lying about every single thing that happened to them since the plane went down. It also seemed to me as if Oceanic was in on the conspiracy, but I might reading too much into it.

The Oceanic lady looked familiar, I wonder what other show or movie I've seen her in.

At the end they advertised the season double finale in 2 wks. Does that mean there's no show next week?

Oceanic Lady = Michelle Forbes

Admiral Cain from BSG
She was also president Palmer's aid in "24" for a season.
Played a character on ST:TNG

Been in a lot of things: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000405/

1. I don't think Jin is dead. Sun is just assuming he is because of the explosion that goes off on the boat.
2. They're lying because John/Ben moved the island and perhaps they aren't sure how to get back there yet to get the rest or they ARE sure and they're protecting the people on the island in hopes of returning.
3. I think Sun is planning some kind of uber confrontation with Widmore. If anyone could pull that off, it's Sun--especially with her father's resources. I don't know: wild speculation.

Interesting episode. Sucks there are so few episodes this season--I assume because of the writer's strike.

At the end they advertised the season double finale in 2 wks. Does that mean there's no show next week?

Yeah, I think there's some other show doing a 2 hour finale next week, leaving Lost to return the week after to do its 2 hour finale. Don't take my word as certainty, by any means, but that's what it seemed like to me.

3. I think Sun is planning some kind of uber confrontation with Widmore. If anyone could pull that off, it's Sun--especially with her father's resources. I don't know: wild speculation.

That would be interesting. Sun is one of my favorite characters, so I sure wouldn't mind her kicking ass in her own way. :devil:

Maybe what the 6 told Oceanic wasn't a total lie. I'm assuming they bring aboard most of the survivors to the ship and the c4 explodes sinking it. The 6 or was it 8 are able to get on the small inflatable boat and make it to civilization where 2 die. So Jin could have drowned in the explosion. So that also explains what happened to all the "red shirt" survivors and to some of the other main characters. Of course I also think that a few stayed on the island (i'm hoping Rose and Bernard).

Yea the second I saw the "red shirt" survivors get onto the first boat, with Sun and Jin, I figured they all (and Jin) were dead.

Thanks, Alluveal.
Ensign Ro. I thought it might be her but she looked slightly different- makeup or lighting, or one of us is getting old...

Yea the second I saw the "red shirt" survivors get onto the first boat, with Sun and Jin, I figured they all (and Jin) were dead.

Despite that, I was impressed by how, at this point, it's impossible to determine a skeletal framework of events that lead from the "present" (events on the island) to the "nearest future" (the Oceanic 6 on the plane, with Ensign Ro). You still have the 6 spread out all over the place. Rather clever, that.

Though I consider this "junk TV," or a guilty pleasure, it's a damn good one. It's the orange-chocolate Milano cookies of TV.

So the "forever young" eyelashes dude appeared again.I hope that we will finally find out who he is.I wonder where were the Others hiding for a whole season and why didn't they try to rescue Ben from the warehouse where Locke kept him as a prisoner.

I think that the possibilty of moving the island is the final proof that it is not actually an island but something that was only made to look as one.An island is pretty much a mountain in the ocean so we're talking about billions of billions of billions of billions........ of tons that have to be moved which can happen only in a fantasy TV show.

So if the island can be moved it's some kind of an artificial construction.Even if that's the case it's still solid and ENORMOUSLY heavy.There is no power source in modern physics capable of this.Just some thoughts.

Last edited:
Maybe they meant move it in time, or in its electromagnetic field. I still doubt that it is a bunch of steel beams built to look like an island...that it is probably an "island" in the real sense...just that there is more going on with this one than others (like that you have to have an exact compass heading to get on and off of it)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back