• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Do these people not have lives?

Holy shit. You know, when I see people like those, it makes me think that "wow, I'm doing well". No seriously, I understand if you come there, say a night before. That's okay. But more than one night? Weeks? MONTHS? That's just stupid, it is a film after all...

I tend to avoid opening day anyway, due to crowds. It's much more enjoyable, for me, to wait a couple days, and not have to fight for seats, etc.

And I hate waiting in lines, with an absolute passion.

Ah, poor kitty. :(

I guess the "drop out period in life" actually makes sense to me, though. Either that or they are doing a lot of work online via some kind of wireless network.

Ah, well. As has been said: they are not getting into trouble, so let 'em keep... standing in line.

Many of them seem to be running blogs from there. Who knows? Maybe they are all future Sys admin's of the highest order, and in 10 years time will probably use this experience to network in the same way that MBA's use the Masons...

If JMS does do a Star Wars TV show, it occurs to me that many of them might start posting here. You'd probably get all these geeks who think it's cool to put 'Darth' in front of their job title wittering on about nonsense... oh, arse.

I waited in line for Greatfull Dead tickets for 4 days/3 nights for the Halloween 78 concert in Bloomington. Front row, center, back when you could do those things! Now being first in line means you might get OK tickets as the best seats are already reserved for someone with more cash and less disposable time. With a once in a lifetime concert event this was acceptable, being first to see a film that will be exactly reproduced in 20 minutes next screen over seems stupid to me. Yes, these folk have lives, just not very pleasant ones!

I waited in line for Greatfull Dead tickets for 4 days/3 nights for the Halloween 78 concert in Bloomington. Front row, center, back when you could do those things! Now being first in line means you might get OK tickets as the best seats are already reserved for someone with more cash and less disposable time. With a once in a lifetime concert event this was acceptable, being first to see a film that will be exactly reproduced in 20 minutes next screen over seems stupid to me. Yes, these folk have lives, just not very pleasant ones!

How is the Grateful Dead a "once in a lifetime concert?" They lived on the road.

But, unlike another playback of the same recorded and reproduced performances, no two live concerts are ever quite the same.

Back when concert tickets weren't bought mostly by phone or computer, or at any of thousands of Ticketmaster outlets (TicketMaster was in its early days, but the people in line at the actual box office still got all of theirs first), I once waited in line overnight to get tickets to a Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band concert. That would have been in the fall of 1980. A whole group of us from my floor of the dorm went over to the line after dinner, with one or two boom boxes and a couple decks of cards. It was a lot like what hanging out in the dorm that night would have been like .... just less furniture. :D

Edited to fix a couple gramatical oddities / pseudo-typos.

Now that I can see, to be honest with you. Really dedicated fans, college students, camping out for a night to get good or affordable tickets while they last.

The Star Wars thing is a vigil, however. Clearly it isn't being done to get good or cheap tickets. It's done as a kind of religious homage. :LOL:

Maybe that's why I'm being so hard on them. ;)

You had/have to camp out over a weekend at the least to get Duke/Maryland basketball tickets. Other important games you had to camp out but for less time.

How is the Grateful Dead a "once in a lifetime concert?" They lived on the road.

Front row center on Halloween is a once in a lifetime concert. :D I was "Saint Steven, with a rose" and was with the Pope and two vampire nuns on roller skates. :devil:

Back