• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Babylon 5 Books

Carrera

Hello!

I am new to this forum, even though I've been following it every now and then being a big B5 fan. Anyway I have a couple of questions I'm sure that some folks here could help me answer.

For starters, I should say that I've read the Psi Corps trilogy and found it very very good. I think the books were really well written even if you're not judging them from a B5 fan's point of view. Later I started the "Legions of Fire" trilogy and I read the first two, but I'm having a hard time laying my hands on the third one (Out of the Darkness).
So, would anyone have an idea where can I buy it? Please note that I am not a US resident.

The second one I have is more general. What other B5 books would you guys recommend reading?

P.S. If it's a repost, I am sorry but I am not quite familiar with the forum.

Welcome, I hope you enjoy yourself here.

The other books to read are.
To Dream in the City of Sorrows
The Passing of the Techno-Mages (These 3 are my favorite)
The Shadow Within

Hello and welcome!

Later I started the "Legions of Fire" trilogy and I read the first two, but I'm having a hard time laying my hands on the third one (Out of the Darkness).
You could try Amazon.co.uk - it seems to be available through Amazon, although not very cheap (the cheapest I've seen though lately), especially with the added postage costs, if you live outside the UK, and with a 4-6 weeks delivery time, but it's worth a try. Other than that, I can only think of checking eBay and abebooks.com now and then.

Hi

I use a site called bookbutler.co.uk, it searches loads of sites for prices and avilability. Its a site i use all the time to find books not easily avilable.

:)

Thanks for the replies

Wanted to thank you guys for the advice, I hope I'll that book.
I've actually ordered it before at amazon.co.uk, but those bastards cancelled my order claiming the couldn't get that book or something of this sort.

Re: Thanks for the replies

Wanted to thank you guys for the advice, I hope I'll that book.
I've actually ordered it before at amazon.co.uk, but those bastards cancelled my order claiming the couldn't get that book or something of this sort.

It's out of print. I just did a few searches and I could only locate one, and that was for $68.10 US, used, at Amazon. :rolleyes: Search by ISBN 0345427203

Used - Very Good
Seller: dealspy
Rating:98% positive over the past 12 months (579 ratings.) 756 lifetime ratings.
Shipping: In Stock. Ships from CA, United States Expedited shipping available. See shipping rates.
Comments: Light shelf wear. Otherwise in great condition. Ships with free delivery confirmation.

http://www.bordersstores.com/search/titl...p;srchType=ISBN

http://www.textbookx.com/detail-book-0345427203.html

Do you know anybody who's a B5 fan, local to you, who could lend you theirs?

OTOH, it does look like The Passing of the Technomages Book III is available,
http://www.textbookx.com/detail-book-0345438337.html

http://www.bordersstores.com/search/titl...p;srchType=ISBN

That one's been hard to find for a long time.

I'm really late withis i'm sure and everybody else no doubt knows it... but according to Amazon, three new books are coming out next year... one of which is apparently written by Claudia Christian.

Galahad,

you might want to check out this thread for the full, gory details about these books ... and the process of getting them written and out there.

Incidentally, I believe the original plan was that the first of them would have been available by now.

oops have I stumbled across an old proverbial can of worms labelled "Pandora's Box"?

Carrera,

I'm in the UK, have all the B5 books except the last one - just like you. I even wrote to Del Rey to ask if they had one I could buy. No luck. The last in the Centauri trilogy is out of print and there are no 2nd hand copiesfloating around the Internet. It is VERY frustrating. One of the emotional highlights of B5 on TV was the end of Molari and GKar in the royal palace. Not to have that story line resolved in a novel on my bookshelf is annoying to say the least. If anyone has any ideas on where the final part of the trilogy could be bought - that would be wonderful.

Donald

Perhaps B5: TLT will create enough new interest in the franchise that Del Rey will be able to reissue the trilogies.

I hope so. I was in Borders yesterday and they had only one copy of one B5 book, Invoking Darkness.

I just went on Amazon.co.uk and they have the book. At least they say its available for 6.50 UK Pounds. It also says it was published on 20 Sep 2006. Could it be that Del Rey has reissued it? Lets hope so.

Was there not news about JMS doing a book due for release near the end of the year?I think it was meant to be done as a comic or some sort of picture book :confused:

It was near the begining of the year I heard this.

:confused:

There's been talk of a B5 graphic novel for ages. No telling what might have happened to it since his computer crashed and burned beyond recovery.

Jan

The Amazon 6.50 item is only a place-holder I'm afraid. It doesn't represent a real copy that anyone can get hold of. It's more like a promise that if you order it, Amazon will see if they can find a copy, and if so will then accept 6.50 for it. The catch is they won't be able to find a copy. I know - I ordered a 6.50 copy off them a while ago!

Donald

ps Thanks for the welcome everyone. It's good to find like minded folk.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back