• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Lochley and Zoe- thoughts please!

Hi all!
I like writing fanfics-not for the net, just for the heck of it. Day of the Dead is an ep i really like, as i found the idea of Ms Run-a-tight-ship Lochley being an ex-addict an intriguing surprise. I've decided to write a fanfic about it. We know they lived in a burnt-out hotel, but not much else. I'd like to hear some of your speculations. I'm particularly wondering about what they were on. I could just fit in today's drugs, but you can bet there'll be new drugs in 200 years just like everything else. Ideas, even about any aspect of that life they led? I'd just like to hear how you envision it when you watch that ep.
And yes, I am a Trainspotting (the movie) fan.

Many thanks
B5obsessive

I believe this might belong in another forum than this one .I have the Mongoose publishing books the Zocalo and the Earth Alliance there might be something in there about drug use I will have to look.Otherwise use your imgination.The Lochley/Zoe is something I would like to see and it's something that hasn't been written before.

At the risk of sounding nit-picky, Lochley's a recoverring alcoholic, not a former drug addict (though, of course, alcohol *is* a drug). In "Wheel of Fire" she says to Garibaldi

You see, children of alcoholics usually end up one of two ways: They try to help everybody else, because they couldn't help themselves...or they become alcoholics. I couldn't stop what was happening to my father, so I became the very thing I hated.

Though she *did* take drugs because she continues

If it could be swallowed, shot or smoked, I did it...until someone close to me died, and I realized what I was doing.

In "Day of the Dead", all that Zoe refers to is 'stuff', nothing by name. It sounded as though it didn't matter as long as they could 'party' on it.

Jan

I seem to recall Lochley talking like she and Zoe where always strung out on drugs and that their lives where pretty screwed up, but that they were happy. Sounds like drug influence to me. ;)

Then wonder what two pretty girls with no jobs did to get the drugs. Lochley suggests that it was not honourable.

thanks for the help so far guys! You're probably right about how they made the money. Do you have to be so sick about it though? :p What I'm really doing is just long-distance brainstorming, bouncing thoughts around to help me get into the mode of "seeing" them in that situation, so I can write it down. It's a writer thing. Another thing I'm trying to figure out is what kind of age they were, as this will have a big effect on how I see them. Ideas on this would be great, but keep the general thoughts coming too. Many thankings,
B5obsessive

Another thing I'm trying to figure out is what kind of age they were, as this will have a big effect on how I see them. Ideas on this would be great, but keep the general thoughts coming too.

Considering how Zoe was made to look and sound, plus the fact that once a person is 18 there's no need to run away, I'd say that they were probably 16 or 17 years old.

Jan

I just watched this ep, and I paid close attention to the details of the conversations between Lochley and Zoe. I was able to see all of the points that everyone has made here. ;)

Now since we're talking about this ep, I have two points that I'd like to make.

One is this....I always wondered why the hallway looked all red and weird and stuff, but then it occured to me that since the Brakiri zone was supposed to actually be Brakir, that red was probably a thin section of hyperspace. It looked like hyperspace. ;)

Two is this...I could never figure out why Morden appears to Lennier. Especially when Morden says to him, "You raised a ghost, and now you have to listen to what he says." Why would Lennier be thinking of Morden? When Morden was alive, he never really had any contact with Lennier, so why would he be the one that appears to Lennier? If anyone has any ideas, please post them! :)

I wondered about that for a long time............Mordan appearing to Lennier........I just kind of concluded that Mordan represented the festering jealousy and more dark side of Lennier's "pure" love for Delenn........I think it was the side that left Sheridan to die that chose mordan as a visual reference..........hard to say for sure.........

I like your thoughts, 2aMageing. I agree and also see a parallel between Lennier and Morden. In the books you will learn (I think it was books) that Morden was a pretty normal guy until his family was killed and that pretty much ruined him and left him vulnerable to the "Dark Side." The Shadows capitalized on this. Similarly, when Lennier lost his love (or lost the hope of ever having her to himself) he was now more open to the meaner side of his personality.

Morden is someone who would tell Lennier the truth, bluntly.

Lennier came to the Day of the Dead expecting enlightenment, some warm and fuzzy experience, or something interesting. But the DoD gave the people not what they wanted, but what they needed, and what Lennier needed was for someone to give him a good wallop upside the ol' headbone.

Oi! Would you mind not hijacking my thread Please! :( I'm trying to stimulate the creative process here! :p Lennier can go heartache somewhere else. But anyway, thanks for helping me get age sorted out, 16 sounds good. Next question: Where on Earth? Obviously a city, could be anywhere I know, but any guesses? Remember, general thoughts and new substance ideas appreciated too. Thanks.

But anyway, thanks for helping me get age sorted out, 16 sounds good. Next question: Where on Earth? Obviously a city, could be anywhere I know, but any guesses? Remember, general thoughts and new substance ideas appreciated too. Thanks.

Well, since the character was created for the 5th season, there are no other references (Series Bible or the Treatment) that we can check. Perhaps you'd want to draw from the actress's home in her youth, which I believe was someplace in Texas.

As for substances, I'd keep it exactly as she said - she'd take any and everything.

Jan

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back