• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Nicholas Courtney - Dr Who Brigadier Passes

Sad day indeed. "Nicholas Courtney ","Brigadier" and "#RIPTheBrig" have all been regularly trending worldwide on Twitter since the news broke late last night.... and it's not as if there isn't strong competition in the news topics at the moment. Just goes to show how much he was appreciated.

sadly, he never had the opportunity to appear in the New Dr. Who Series currently showing

I think he got a name check in the new Who. I know Sarah Jane name checked him several times in her show. It's not the same, but they established he was still around.

I wonder if/how they'll acknowledge it on the show. A simple "Dedicated to..." in the credits, or an onscreen mention of the death of the character, like Stargate did when Don S. Davis died?

I remember a mention of the Doctor saying all of him would go to the Brig's funeral, when it happened, but I can't remember if that was something from an episode or if it was fanon. Anyone know? It's been going on 30 years since I saw some of those UNIT episodes...

I think he got a name check in the new Who. I know Sarah Jane name checked him several times in her show. It's not the same, but they established he was still around.

He actually made an on screen appearance in SJA:

Enemy of the Bane

He was definitely name checked in the main series... the Tenth Doctor mentions in the Poison Sky that he could use the Brigadier... and is told that Sir Alastair is stranded in Peru.

I loved his last hurrah in the original series... taking on a blue demon known as The Destroyer in "Battlefield".

He actually made an on screen appearance in SJA:

Enemy of the Bane

He was definitely name checked in the main series... the Tenth Doctor mentions in the Poison Sky that he could use the Brigadier... and is told that Sir Alastair is stranded in Peru.

I loved his last hurrah in the original series... taking on a blue demon known as The Destroyer in "Battlefield".
Ah, we never got to see beyond S1 of SJA here in the US.

The point about Sarah Jane's Wedding though, was that he would have been interacting with a Doctor as well as simply appearing "In Universe" again

I was wondering if the season of SJA might be available on Netflix, but I'd doubt it.

Quite a loss. He was a real part of the spirit of Dr. Who. He was played excellently.

Nicholas Courtney will be missed. But he'll also be remembered by nerds all over the world. :)

The Brigadier was always a delightful presence on DW. It is always sad when an actor who played a beloved character for so long, passes, regardless of their age.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back