• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The Green Hornet

6.png

A few things:

The gay thing has been discussed sufficiently in this thread. Let's move back to Green Hornet or the other Superhero talk.

Thanks KF, I appreciate your stickupfullness.

Chilli, that comic is a hoot.

Charles Nelson Riley is hilarious. I first saw him on the TV show "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir." He was equally fantastic on Match Game. :)

Name of my band: Gargantuan Bucket of Penises

Haven't seen Green Hornet, no desire to, both because I burned out on both superheroes and Seth Rogen. But wait I'm not threadcrapping! I read some mixed reviews of this flick and they all suggest that the movie is confused... not quite comedic, not quite all action, trying to be classic comic book and also making fun of itself, but not too much...

So what I'm wondering is, you know, like what else can they do? How can you even make a comic book without being completely lame or too snarky? Should they even try? How much should "adult themes" be a part of it? For example I think the self-consciousness seriousness of the new Batman franchise has gotten tedious. On the other hand, I really enjoyed Kick-Ass. Maybe I'm just a snob who thinks "adult" comic book movies are absurd, but if they make 'em just for kids than we won't care.

I think that they should play it straight, but have a normal sense of humor. This film was just schlock, maybe it would appeal to preteen boys, if they weren't too smart. I wish I'd seen Black Swan instead, even if you didn't like it. It had to be be better than The G.H.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back