• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Stargate Universe

There are SOME things about this show I find interesting. Still interested in the Destiny's mission, and hope they start revealing some of that. Still interested in these weird alien dudes and what their deal is, other than just to snatch Destiny obviously.

I like they brought in some bad guys to have to try to work alongside the current crew. Could make for some interesting stories. I'm also betting the leader guy of that group makes a play for TJ. That should have some nice fallout.

Rush still bores me and I think hes an idiot.

So I've been checking the numbers, and they ain't good. In Season 5 SGA averaged about 1.6 million viewers/episode. SGU had some peaks in season 1, but on average, their numbers were around 1.3/1.4 per ep. Since the 2nd season started, ratings have been far lower, and declining. Basically they've lost a 5th of their audience. Ratings had always been sluggish, but now they're Caprica bad. I thought "Maybe Syfy's numbers are down overall," but, nope, Warehouse 13 and Eureka are both pulling in about 2x as much.

I've checked around, and it seems the consensus is that the show is on the bubble.

Too much drama... I love Stargate but the writers really messed with this show. They're like... I know! Lets strand some random people in an ancient alien ship on the other side of the galaxy... hmm what next? Ohh yeah, lets make sure that they can't take control of the ship. We'll give them two shuttles and they can crash or loose them. Ohh, and before they can fix the ship any more lets keep blowing it up. Aliens can attack it and stuff...

Season finale... hmm let's have the Lucian alliance take control of the ship because their current situation isn't bad enough.

"This ship has a... DESTINY."

I know what it is... to run out of frickin' gas. ;)

It had a whole lot of problems, honestly, but the dramatic aspects of it never bothered me. These were *not* the right people for the mission, they mostly behaved in believable ways, and they were not utter a$$holes like everyone in Galactica was. It was more ambitious than the other shows, and I think it trusted it's audience a bit too much.

So now that Stargate: Universe is dead, and those SG1 and SGA movies are unlikely to get made, and the glory days are behind us, the question becomes one of "What happens next?" I mean, is this the *end* of Stargate, or just a wrong turn that they can recover from? Is this Star Trek: Enterprise, or Galactica 1980, or is it merely Doctor Who under Collin Baker, waiting desperately for a Sylvester McCoy? And how long until we find out?

Of course I have no answers
http://www.republibot.com/content/random-wankery-stargate-and-inventing-your-own-spinoff

Too much drama... I love Stargate but the writers really messed with this show. They're like... I know! Lets strand some random people in an ancient alien ship on the other side of the galaxy... hmm what next? Ohh yeah, lets make sure that they can't take control of the ship. We'll give them two shuttles and they can crash or loose them. Ohh, and before they can fix the ship any more lets keep blowing it up. Aliens can attack it and stuff...

Season finale... hmm let's have the Lucian alliance take control of the ship because their current situation isn't bad enough.

There needs to be a "like" button here like there is on Facebook. :LOL:

There needs to be a "like" button here like there is on Facebook. :LOL:

That is part of the "Cowspiracy". Happy cows do not come from Cowafornia ( except for the ones from Humbolt County). And they are happy in Cowarado. Because of CBO.

Visit Babbleon for more details. Though you must search, and search. Have lunch at a salad bar. http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=7137 And then search more.:wtf:

The invasion has commenced. Sir.:devil:

There's an SGU petition over at Sgusucks.com. I went to check it out, and it says basically "This is a petition to ask the network *not* to bring back SGU." That made me laugh, misguided as it was.

I would like to thank the SyFy channel for ruining another good show. Let 'em drive your car and they'll drive it into a tree...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back