• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Ranger movie clips

RW7427

Super Moderator
Last night on the Scifi Channel I was watching a movie called "Epoch" and they showed clips of the new Ranger movie during the commercial breaks. Every time they did, I was glued to the TV saying "I WANT TO WATCH THIS MOVIE!!!!" The clips showed lots of action and drama and excitement. Just from seeing these clips, I was almost drooling with anticpation. I can't wait until January 19th!

------------------
Lorien: Who are you?
RW: The salad man.
Lorien: Why are you here?
RW: To be the salad ambassador.
Lorien: What do you want?
RW: Everyone to know the joys of salad.
Lorien: Do you have anything worth living for?
RW: Yes, my salad bars.

I'll host the screen caps, if need be.

Wow. Star Wars or Epoch? Star Wars or Epoch?

Definitely Epoch.

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
I'll host the screen caps, if need be.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK, I'll get right on it. Where do you want me to send the JPGs? Right now, the only email address I have (other than premium members email addresses) is Sta's.

You can reach me at macthevorlon@yahoo.com

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 19, 2002 at 9PM on The Sci-Fi Channel. http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

[This message has been edited by KoshN (edited November 25, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlackStar:
If you send them to me I'll host them, if you haven't already taken care of it.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm. Maybe I'll send 'em to both you and Channe. That way they're available in more than one place.
wink.gif

Hey, now I have 348 B5 screen caps and 231 Crusade screen caps.
laugh.gif

I may not get to the B5:LotR screen caps tonight, due to taping other stuff, and the cable pulling involved (Man, Monster Cables hang on for dear life.
crazy.gif
shocked.gif
).

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

January 19, 2002 at 9PM on The Sci-Fi Channel. http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

[This message has been edited by KoshN (edited November 25, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlackStar:
Just whatever you do, do not send them to my MSN address. It has a strange tendency to eat my e-mail messages like a Pak'ma'ra around newborn cats.
blush.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I already changed your default email addy in my system to:

blackstar@welivefortheone.b5lr.com

...so don't sweat it.
smile.gif

And you might drop a few of those Crusade screenshots my way, too.
wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gees, I never would have thought of that.
laugh.gif

Man, now you've ruined your own surprise.
crazy.gif
smile.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

January 19, 2002 at 9PM on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

I saw the new trailer... they didn't show *much* more than the last one. I think what I caught was another full-on shot of Martel, one of two Rangers fighting with pikes (I've been waiting for that!), and a bit more of the Naming of Names (?) scene.

I'm still looking forward to it, of course. That's about all I can do, heh heh.

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS

Just saw one by accident...

Had the tv on TLC briefly, turned it off, headed to the computer where the tv was still on... glanced at the tv, saw a ship, zipping around... and then recognized the last little bits as being from Rangers, then started screaming loudly.
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
Went back to the living room to have a hissy fit, when I realized that we had a VCR still taping TLC from the Junkyard Wars special earlier... rewound back a few minutes, and did an extremely happy dance! See Azlynn jump with joy... see Azlynn jump really high!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Watched it a few times, will watch again later. Looks even more incredible, great music, some different shots, just fantastic. Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!!!!

------------------
"There are moments when we all become someone else, something other than what we are. It takes only a moment, but we spend the rest of our lives looking back at that moment in shame."

There wouldn't be anybody here capable of capturing the whole trailers and uploading them to file sharing service like Streamload?

------------------
"When a spark goes online, there's great joy --
When one's extinguished, the universe weeps." (audio)
-- Rhinox, "The Spark", Beast Wars

drakh@spamcop.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> It has a strange tendency to eat my e-mail messages like a Pak'ma'ra around newborn cats.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, let's not go slandering the Pak'Ma'Ra.

Everyone knows they don't eat Anything unless it's been five days dead.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>"We have no idea what to do with the Pak'ma'ra.
They're slow, greedy, selfish, not very bright.
They refuse to speak anything other than their own language, so we have to use a translator.
And they're carrion-eaters.
If it's not five days dead and decayed, they won't touch it."

Sech Durhan to Delenn in Babylon 5:"Learning Curve" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
The 3 most common elements in the Universe:
Hydrogen, Greed, Stupidity!

Well, don't stop there! What were the clips? Describe them?

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RW7427:
Last night on the Scifi Channel I was watching a movie called "Epoch" and they showed clips of the new Ranger movie during the commercial breaks. Every time they did, I was glued to the TV saying "I WANT TO WATCH THIS MOVIE!!!!" The clips showed lots of action and drama and excitement. Just from seeing these clips, I was almost drooling with anticpation. I can't wait until January 19th!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're not the only one.
smile.gif
I taped Epoch on SVHS, just on the odd chance that they might show a Rangers clip. I could send somebody some screen caps if they'll host 'em.
smile.gif

Hmmm, I wonder if we could make avatars from B5:LotR screen caps? For about 12 hours over the last two days, I was doing nothing but B5 screen caps, some from VHS, and some from Laserdisc. Pretty soon, my new avatar will be up.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

I knew there was something I was supposed to watch last night...
frown.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's on again, tonight at 7:00PM EST. I've still got to watch the last 1/2 hour. I watched my tape at 2:30AM, and nodded off ~1/2 hour before it finished. I thought Brian Thompson was much better in Crusade-Patterns of the Soul.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Azlynn:
Just saw one by accident...

Had the tv on TLC briefly, turned it off, headed to the computer where the tv was still on... glanced at the tv, saw a ship, zipping around...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Azlynn,

Where are you (State and region)? Are you on cable or dish? Did the ad say the date and time of Rangers on it?

I'm curious if the commercial played nationally or just in a couple of regions.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ala:
Azlynn,

Where are you (State and region)? Are you on cable or dish? Did the ad say the date and time of Rangers on it?

I'm curious if the commercial played nationally or just in a couple of regions.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No state.
laugh.gif
I'm actually in BC, Canada, and watch TLC on regular cable. TLC seems to host a few different ads for the sci-fi channel, but at times we also seem to get region specific too, for Canada only. Makes no sense to me, but most things don't.
wink.gif
The ad *I think* said the date, not sure about time, but I think so. Which is funny since we don't get the Sci-Fi channel... I think they were just rubbing it in.
mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Azlynn:
No state.
laugh.gif
I'm actually in BC, Canada, and watch TLC on regular cable. TLC seems to host a few different ads for the sci-fi channel, but at times we also seem to get region specific too, for Canada only. Makes no sense to me, but most things don't.
wink.gif
The ad *I think* said the date, not sure about time, but I think so. Which is funny since we don't get the Sci-Fi channel... I think they were just rubbing it in.
mad.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sorry. I'd forgotten TLC went to Canada too. I had not meant to be so provincial.

Ads can be both regional and network-wide... even on a cable station. Since many US-based stations also run on Canadian cable, you can end of up weather for portions of the country not anywhere near where you are and commercials for things you can't see for that reason, too.

Has anyone else seen these ads in another region? Have you had the same experience with the content?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back