• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Farscape's Ben Browder to join Stargate SG-1

LondosHair

Regular
Farscape\'s Ben Browder to join Stargate SG-1

According to Dark Horizons, Ben Browder will be joining the cast of Stargate SG-1 as a "regular cast member" for Season Nine.

INNERESTIN'!

Re: Farscape\'s Ben Browder to join Stargate SG-1

I like Ben, but I've been bored by SG1 every time I've tried to watch it.

I like Ben... but eugh. What a choice. I got bored with SG-1 long ago... and all the stories now will be some Jaffar running around in Canadian woods... with Ben Browder. Slightly better, but not enough.

I think people will have a shock to be honest. Away from the sharp-written, open world of Farscape to SG-1. Ben won't have much room to maneurve.

Plus it looks like he can't get any job beyond the SCI FI Channel now.

I think people will have a shock to be honest. Away from the sharp-written, open world of Farscape to SG-1. Ben won't have much room to maneurve.

I don't agree. Stargate may be a less exotic show, visually, but the writing is still pretty witty. There will plenty of opportunity for Ben to flex his verbal muscle.

I'm really excited about the news. While a lot of shows would decline in later seasons, SG-1 just keeps getting better.

I'm surprised to see them get a ninth season (I thought Atlantis was meant as the replacement), so to see it renewed *and* get a great new co-star is very good news. I think Ben will breathe new life into the show. I just hate that Richard Dean Anderson is leaning toward a less regular role or possibly quitting altogether.

The fact that they are adding a new character does not bode well for Richard Dean Anderson staying... :( :(

*breaks down in tears*

I'm surprised that Ben Browder hasn't been offered a movie role. He's a good actor - looks great and cries easily. Maybe he could be cast in a tear jerker action movie.

I hope that they would bring Corin Nemec back on the show. He deserves it. He's like 10 times better than Michael Shanks. Oh well, Ben Browder on the other hand... Oh my... Here's my number 1 sci-fi guy.

Sorry, I just get emotional about my TV shows at times. I think if the star of a show wants to leave after 8 years, the show does not need to continue, no matter who is replacing him.

Sorry, I just get emotional about my TV shows at times. I think if the star of a show wants to leave after 8 years, the show does not need to continue, no matter who is replacing him.

Huh? Ever watched Dr Who? :D The real question is can you replace the Daleks! ;)

The fact that they are adding a new character does not bode well for Richard Dean Anderson staying... :( :(

*breaks down in tears*

Actually in this season, RDA isn't going through the Stargate on missions, he's the new General, and SG-1 is a 3 man team currently, so a 4th member would only be replacing his prescence on the "off world" missions, it would have nothing to do with his prescence on the show, since O'Neill is filling General Hammond's role currently (Not to say RDA will stick around for another season, just saying adding a new team member to SG-1 doesn't affect O'Neill's character)

Dark Horizons just posted more details about SG-1 season 9. It seems John and Aeryn are getting reunited yet again, in a sense:

Whilst most cult show actors disappear into convention fueled obscurity, others find themselves reinvented and finding success all over again in a whole new way. Recent resurrections include Marcia Cross (Kimberly from "Melrose Place") and Teri Hatcher (Lois in "Lois & Clark") in "Desperate Housewives", Terry O'Quinn ("Millennium") in "Lost", and the new season of "24" sees the unexpected but cool return of Alberta Watson (Madeline from "La Femme Nikita").

Now, the two leading actors from Sci-Fi's cancelled sci-fi series "Farscape" are coming together again in a whole new way. Two months on from the large success of "The Peacekeeper Wars" mini-series which wrapped up the story of the love between John Crichton (Ben Browder) and Aeryn Sun (Claudia Black), it has been announced that both Browder and Black will be joining the cast of "Stargate: SG-1" for its unprecedented ninth season.

Sci-Fi has officially confirmed that Browder will be a series regular starting with the ninth season premiere. The show is currently mid-way through its eighth season with the second half commencing in January. One of the first episodes of that second half introduces Black's character of Vala, an alien woman who sparks a friendly relationship with Daniel Jackson† after she hijacks the Earth ship Prometheus for use by her people. Black is expected to reprise the character for at least five episodes early in the ninth season.

With all these new additions though, word is some of the old regulars won't be so apparent next year. Negotiations are still underway with the current members of the show's regular cast though Michael Shanks is locked to return. Right now though, word is that not only is Richard Dean Anderson likely not to appear much if at all next year, but Amanda Tapping is likely to sit the first half dozen or so episodes out due to her baby being due the same month filming is scheduled to begin on the ninth season in March in Vancouver.

I'm well aware of what RDA is doing this season, but he is still a main character and gets plenty of screen time, so its been alright. But to be honest, if it wasn't for Jack's funny one liners I probobly would have given up on the show a long time ago.

...if it wasn't for Jack's funny one liners I probobly would have given up on the show a long time ago.

"I never thought I'd find myself saying this... Carter,... I need that report." --General O'Neill :D

...if it wasn't for Jack's funny one liners I probobly would have given up on the show a long time ago.

"I never thought I'd find myself saying this... Carter,... I need that report." --General O'Neill :D
I loved that line, and I didn't think I'd ever hear him say that either! :D

I've been a fan of SG-1 for a long time. And I've been a fan of Farscape for a long time. Now I've got the best of Both Worlds. John Crichton on Stargate SG-1.

Anyone up for Starscape? :LOL:

Rommie :devil:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back