• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

David sheridan?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by palaemon:

PS What does the "President/Ambassador/Ranger/Pouchling" mean? Is there a way to change it?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You start at Pouchling then at 30 posts go to Ambasador. Ranger is for moderaters and President is well the President Admin Antony.

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

Did you all forget about *David* Corwin.

There are way too many Davids.

PS What does the "President/Ambassador/Ranger/Pouchling" mean? Is there a way to change it?

------------------

SamGadsby,

That wasn't much of a spoiler warning. For further spoilers, please allow more space between the warning and the spoiler. I'd say, ten-fifteen lines is good. *nods*

Welcome to the mb, Palaemon! *S* And I did mention Corwin.
smile.gif
Hehe, I can't forget about the B5 Whipping Boy. Weird, I was reading through Slaughterhouse 5 today, and I nearly jumped when I saw the name Corwin. That name isn't that common, and is the third time I've ever seen it. The book, even before the mention, vaguely reminded me of the B5 story in some ways. The philosophical aspect of it.

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.

On the topic of names... this is a cowinkidink I picked up a while ago (cause I'm real quick n stuff)

* J M S
* "J"effrey "S"inclair (JS, but no M... a D for David instead)
* "J"ohn "S"heridan

Ahhhh... wot ya reacon???

------------------
"You want to be President?"
"I do."
"Put your hand on the book and say 'I do'."
"I do."
"Fine. Done. Lets eat."
-- No Compromises

On the JMS and names thing...

let's see how many we can name. that start with a J, M, or S

John Sheridan
Jeffery Sinclair
Michael (Garibaldi)
Susan (Ivanova)
(Londo) Mollari
Stephen (Franklin)
(Catherine) Sakai
(Carolyn) Sykes
Jack (former 2nd security)
Morden
Morgan Clark
Marcus (Cole)
Does anyone know of any more?

------------------

(Anna) Sheriden
Maximillion (Eilerson)
Hrmmmm, wasn't there a Max in the episode with the invisible Shadow Minion? The one with the couple from 100 years ago. Max was the scared guy who was tied with the creature.
Then the Max criminal with the Centuari feeder that impersonated Kosh.
There are names at the tip of my tounge, you guys figure them out for me.

------------------

Oh! And Garibaldi's boxer friend...Jax, or Jacks....Who fought in the Mu-Tahi.
In the episode that was from the views of the workers on B5, one was named Max, I think the other started with a J...probably not. Does anybody know the name of the cargo bay guy in the episode where Franklin had everyone on a diet?
Will some one stay up all night to find these out? THAT would be neat! (Takes out some coke, "Time to study!")

------------------

I don't remember any characters named "Max" off the top of my head. Dwight Schultz (Barclay from Star Trek) played the crazed vet from "The Long Dark." His character was named "Amis", which I'm pretty sure was the last name. I don't think we ever heard his first name in the episode.

The Boss Criminal in Grail was Deuce. (Also seen in Thirdspace) The petty criminal who eventually takes up the Grail Quest was known as "Jinxo" until he reverted to his given name of "Thomas" at the end of the episode.

Of course there was an Eilerson in B5 who may have inspired Max's last name. Pamela Eilerson started as a 2nd assistant director about midway through the first season and rose to 1st assistant director by the end of the fifth. I'm not sure if she also worked on any Crusade episodes. "The Lurker's Guide" only posted the credits for one episode ("War Zone")

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

Wow, Joe, you know your stuff!
Sorry for my misspelling of the names and not being able to recall the titles to the shows.
Anyways, I salute you! Although is it sexy to know so much about B5? I think women secretly hide the fact they melt inside when a man quotes a witty line from an episode and such.

PS, don't take the last paragraph as mocking you.

------------------

There are too many davids or are there?
taking into account all of the characters in B5 taht number pales in comparison.....

------------------
Knowledge can be gained from anything,even standing objects themselves.To transfer it to wisdom well....That is the tricky part.

Hey, it's easy to "know your stuff" about Babylon 5, when you have such a good page like "The Lurkers Guide"!

If you want to know something about B5, just go there, you'll find out...
http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/

------------------
And I tell you one thing, if the primates that we came from, had known that someday politicians would come out of the gene pool, they would have stayed up in the trees and written evolution of as a bad idea.
(John Sheridan, A Distant Star)

Back