B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

Old February 26th 19, 15:28   #11
Looney
Telepath

Re: It Was the Dawn of the Third Age of B5-Watching...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoshFan View Post
I forgot to keep you all posted here! And I don't have time tonight -- early morning tomorrow, and a long day ahead.

But having just watched "Endgame" while reading the Ex's written commentary, I was highly amused: they kept saying, "This is all too easy! When's the other shoe going to drop?" Which is of course a very wise attitude when watching this show. But this time, it all goes pretty smoothly -- because the plot does not have time for it to go badly, not when they were trying to wrap up the show in just a few episodes!

It's fun to imagine what might have been: Garibaldi would have had to work way harder to convince everybody, I'll bet Sheridan's rescue would have taken a full ep, and the fall of Clark would have been much more intense and required far more than a convenient voice-over monologue by a never-before-seen senator. The Non-Battle of Mars could have been waaaay longer, too.
Yet I love to delve into what might have been and what could have been.

Have any of you seen STAR TREK CONTINUES? The basic premise is the continuation of The Original Star Trek series with different actors hired to play the main roles. Well I think we should do that with Babylon 5. At a minimum this should be attempted to elongate some of the plot lines and fill in some missing material that we all would have loved to see. Of course, the other aspect would be to continue the series from where we left off; and I mean with the new Ambassadors and the like. Fill in every moment of time from then until SLEEPING IN LIGHT. Yeah I don't really want to see other actors, but I will take what I can get.
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th 19, 07:02   #12
Karajorma
Commander

I really liked Star Trek Continues. It was definitely an improvement on Discovery.
Karajorma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd 19, 20:25   #13
KoshFan
Soul Hunter

The Ex was not as impressed with "The Deconstruction of Falling Stars" as I thought. Liked it as an episode but not as a season finale.

The Generous Grasp
KoshFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th 19, 14:58   #14
Looney
Telepath

I still struggle with when to show it. I showed it in order with one person I did a first time viewing with and then showed it just before SLEEPING IN LIGHT with another first time viewer. I didn't get much of a tangible difference of opinion to nail down the better choice.
Old March 10th 19, 21:45   #15
Jan
Psi Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looney View Post
I still struggle with when to show it. I showed it in order with one person I did a first time viewing with and then showed it just before SLEEPING IN LIGHT with another first time viewer. I didn't get much of a tangible difference of opinion to nail down the better choice.
I would never, ever, Ever show anything but the final three episodes in exact order. Regardless of any supposed chronology, nothing should ever break that final emotional ride. IMNVHO, of course.
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th 19, 02:26   #16
Looney
Telepath

Not me. I always say SLEEPING IN LIGHT should be the very last. Now that isn't to say I have a problem with showing the final three episodes as the very last chapter. But I definitely feel SLEEPING IN LIGHT should be seen as the final chapter in the twenty or so years of the Babylon 5 Universe we get.