• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

'King Kong' trailer

Re: \'King Kong\' trailer

Sweet! I can't wait. Though I don't think anyone can fill the shoes of Jessica Lange. Haha. I DO love Naomi Watts, on another note, so it's extra pleasing! And Adrien Brody. Yum!

Don't remember there being Dinosaurs in the original. Looks like its a cross between King Kong and "The Lost World"

Don't remember there being Dinosaurs in the original. Looks like its a cross between King Kong and "The Lost World"

I remember dinosaurs. But it might have been in the movie "Mighty Joe Young" instead of "King Kong". I can't remember. :confused:

Ya know I remember dinosaurs in one movie as well. I mean, it makes sense if this is an island that has kind of "slipped" by evolution and done it's own thing (i.e. Galapagos islands.) Dinosaurs would be very appropriate.

Alluveal, I love your avatar photo there. :D

Is that from something in parituclar? Or just a picture you found on the net?

There are plenty of dinosaurs in the 1933 original King Kong. We see at least one dino fight, and Kong saves Fay Wray from a pteradactyl. That's when he first meets her.

Thanks, JJ. I couldn't remember which King Kong movie I'd seen that in. Was that also the movie where we see the giant ape shaking a huge tree trunk loose to kill the men who are on it?

It's been a long time since I saw the B&W original, but to the best of my memory, Kong shakes men off of a tree trunk used to span a chasm, which they are trying to cross to escape him.

I still remember the first time I saw King Kong. It was considered rather violent, and not for kids, in its day. My parents wouldn't let me watch it. One night, I was staying at an older cousin's house, and all the adults were away. It came on TV, and I saw it for the first time. I actually had nightmares! It is a true classic. A few years back, they put the scene back in where Kong sticks his finger between Fay's legs, and sniffs it! :eek: :LOL:

:LOL:

Yea, I saw that version (I think Turner Classic Movies showed it maybe a few years ago or something). :LOL:

TCM is currently running a "Cold War Sci-Fi classic movie" thing. "It Came from Outer Space" is showing now (here) and "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" is coming up after it. :cool:

You wanna talk about naughty old movies, the Tarzan "throw off her dress and throw her into the water" scene is quite a classic. :) The movie was something like "Tarzan's Mate" or whatever.

Maybe I didnt see that version, or that its just been so damn long I dont remember it at all...

Jane did her nude swim in 1934's Tarzan and His Mate, the first sequel to the first Johnny Weissmuller Tarzan film. That swim scene was deleted for many years, and recently restored. I have it on LD, and have watched it in slomo a few times. That scene is credited with bringing the Hays Office censors to life. So is Betty Boop's garter. In pre-code Hollywood, the original intention was to have Jane topless for most of the film! click the IMDb link below, and find the user comment by Ben Burgraff, to read the tale.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0025862/

I think the King Kong finger sniffing scene was restored in the early 80's, or there abouts.

Gee, it has been a while since I saw King Kong. There is no other way to account for my not remembering right away that he had a fight with an allosaurus! I had to be reminded while checking the IMDb and Allmovie.com, trying, unsuccessfully, to find info on when and how much they restored to King Kong. I do remember they restored some scenes, besides the finger sniffing, which were considered too brutal, like natives getting killed, a fire truck getting squashed. I think some more things were cut, in the late 50's, or 60s, that were restored then too. Trivia: Joe Ross, who played officer Toody, in the early 60s sitcom Car 54, Where Are You? (with Fred Gwynne, aka Herman Munster) is the street car conductor who we see in the window of the lead car, running off the Kong-wrecked elevated tracks.

I just saw "The Professor" of "Gilligans Island" in the sci-fi black and white film "It Came From Outer Space". :LOL: :)

Is it a Hollywood CGI-fest?

Or is it a New Zealand CGI-fest?

I would expect Jackson to be using WETA again.

I highly doubt it's a New Zealand film. They don't make big films like that.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back