• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Alice of 'Alice in Wonderland' is cast

Sinclair

Alice of \'Alice in Wonderland\' is cast

Sarah Michelle Gellar will be playing Alice in Alice in Wonderland. I didn't even know they were making a live action version. I vaguely remember the Disney version.

Re: Alice of \'Alice in Wonderland\' is cast

Well, it's not Alice in Wonderland Persay. It's a twisted take-off from it.

Is it me or is that just weird? :eek: .. don't get me wrong, she's a great actress and quite attractive, I thoroughly enjoyed her preformance over the run of Buffy .. but .. hmm .. aside from me having to fight the supersticion that she will be staking the Bunny :p .. isn't she .. like .. 15+ years too old? :eek: I always thought of Alice as girl not quite in her teens yet :confused:

Oh .. that explains it :D

Hmm .. Alice in Wonderland needs twisted takeoffs? Isn't that like making a parody of the Naked Gun? Or like making a musical version of the Sound of Music?

Yeah, that's kind of what it sounded like to me too. I guess it's just one of those movies that's updated for the times.

It's set after the Alice in Wonderland stories we are familiar with, after her parents are killed (and her home is destroyed?)

I'm getting the impression it's going to be closer to a cross between Resident Evil and Buffy, then a direct relation Alice who chases a bunny down a hole.

So... a movie based on a video game derived from a book?

I should have expected Hollywood to punish me for Batman.

The game itself was quite good, and I can see it working if done right.

Well, much as I love watching Sarah Michelle Gellar, if she's not kicking ass it's always a little too much of a disconnect for me. I keep wanting to yell at the character, "You have superpowers, girl! You can take him!"

So I wonder if this Alice will be slaying people or kicking bad guys' butts. :LOL:

Alice's premise (the video game) if I remember correctly was something like this: it's some time after her adventures in Wonderland, and Alice has been institutionalized due to her "delusions" and her insistence that this "Wonderland" place really does exist.

I just remember reading the little diary that came with the game. It was pretty freaky-cool. This movie will be most entertaining, I think.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back