B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old November 30th 20, 21:31   #41
Lyta's Shadow
Ranger

Re: WB considering HD update

Remastered in this day and age suggests an upgrade to HD and clearly this isn't what has been going on. I think there have been a few annoyed reviews from people expecting highe image resolution and just finding a 4:3 image instead.
Lyta's Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:11   #42
Looney
Telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyta's Shadow View Post
Remastered in this day and age suggests an upgrade to HD and clearly this isn't what has been going on. I think there have been a few annoyed reviews from people expecting highe image resolution and just finding a 4:3 image instead.
Yes I think you hit the nail squarely on the head there. Only once has Amazon displayed the term "Re-Mastered" when I have gone to watch an episode, so they can't even get the graphic right.

POST 780!!!!!

Are you all planning something for my 800TH post when I get there?
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:23   #43
Lyta's Shadow
Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looney View Post
POST 780!!!!!

Are you all planning something for my 800TH post when I get there?
I shall send you a priceless Drakh antique box which may or may not contain a cuddly Keeper for you xxx
Lyta's Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:02   #44
Bester
First One

So, I'm left wondering if Amazon is still rolling-out the original 4:3 editions or not. The most recent user review for Season 1 says that the episodes are still 16:9, the same as the DVD release.

I'm so confused. I'm tempted to get them on iTunes, but I'm just not an Apple guy.
Old Yesterday, 14:24   #45
Springer
Telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bester View Post
So, I'm left wondering if Amazon is still rolling-out the original 4:3 editions or not. The most recent user review for Season 1 says that the episodes are still 16:9, the same as the DVD release.

I'm so confused. I'm tempted to get them on iTunes, but I'm just not an Apple guy.
You might be able to get them on Blu-Ray soon – someone on Trek.bbs posted about a report of a set coming in March:

https://thedigitalbits.com/columns/m...ts/113020-1400

"Also, we’re starting to hear rumors that Warner Bros. Home Entertainment is cooking up a Blu-ray release of the classic Babylon 5 TV series, which would presumably involve some kind of upsampling and remastering. But a number of European retailers have set a Babylon 5: Complete Collection for tentative Blu-ray release in March. We’ll keep our eyes on this and post as we learn more."

I'm assuming they are the 'remastered' versions, which will do for me – so long as the errors are fixed! Hope the extras are going to be good. Does anyone have any preferences on what extras they should include?

PS. for what it's worth, they still say 'remastered' on Apple and they are still the 4:3 versions. I'd better download them to my hard drive in case they vanish like on Amazon!
Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 18:50   #46
Bester
First One

Don't be getting my hopes up like this, Springer!!!
Old Yesterday, 21:24   #47
Looney
Telepath

Quote:
Oh that news did the opposite for me because of all of these "Re-Mastering" issues we are hearing about. I can't believe we might actually get a Blu-Ray release and that we already know it will likely be messed up.
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:42   #48
Bester
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looney View Post
Quote:
Oh that news did the opposite for me because of all of these "Re-Mastering" issues we are hearing about. I can't believe we might actually get a Blu-Ray release and that we already know it will likely be messed up.
Yeah, I have that fear too. I may hold off buying any new release until the reviews come in.