• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5:TLT - Show Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

I would also have enjoyed more about Kosh. I would also liked to have known more about Lyta's encounter with the Vorlons and the work she does for Kosh. It would have been nice to see them explore the Kosh/Lyta relationship a bit more too... ;)

Not that I know of. There was some speculation about the planet that we see in the opening sequence when Kosh is shown but I can't think of anything JMS said about it.

Jan

I thought JMS hinted at an eposide where you get to see the Vorlon homeworld or am I spreading sensationalised rumours?
IIRC he was saying that sometime in the future they might be able to show the Vorlon home world, because their CGI techniques were getting sophisticated enough. He was talking about a possibility that was never realized in the end.

He did promise way way back that we would see the Vorlon homeworld in Series 5. Which, of course, we did.

So, does anyone know if the Writer's strike may affect any announcements of future TLT installments? Or any new word, other than sales of the first disc exceeded expectations?

So, does anyone know if the Writer's strike may affect any announcements of future TLT installments? Or any new word, other than sales of the first disc exceeded expectations?

If there were any negotiations already happening, they've now come to a halt for the duration of the strike. If any negotiations might have started, they now can't until the strike's over.

So, yeah, what GH said. <g>

Jan

I'm curious, what if JMS wrote the scripts himself?, or if the scripts were already written? Could that be an impetous to start filming asap?:D I'm also curious if any sales figures have been released.

I'm curious, what if JMS wrote the scripts himself?, or if the scripts were already written? Could that be an impetous to start filming asap?:D I'm also curious if any sales figures have been released.

JMS is a member of the WGA so he wouldn't be able to write the scripts or even make a deal at this point-he's on strike, too. AFAIK, the only Lost Tale script already written is the Garibaldi segment that was originally slated to be on the first disk.

No, no real sales figures. JMS wrote that WB is very pleased, though and that it vastly exceeded their expectations.

Jan

How would anyone know if he just typed the scripts up in the privacy of his home and conveniently stashed them away until after the resolution?

How can he be accused of being a scab, if nobody knows he is being one?

I should add of course, that it's entirely up to him. He's not obliged to write for us.

Last edited:
How would anyone know if he just typed the scripts up in the privacy of his home and conveniently stashed them away until after the resolution?
You seem to be assuming that he'd write without there being a deal in place for him to do so. IANJMS, but I'd be willing to bet that he wouldn't generally write any B5 without said deal because he doesn't own it.

How can he be accused of being a scab, if nobody knows he is being one?
He would know. It's not about looking for loopholes, it's a matter of integrity.

Jan

You seem to be assuming that he'd write without there being a deal in place for him to do so. IANJMS, but I'd be willing to bet that he wouldn't generally write any B5 without said deal because he doesn't own it.

I guess I have a romantic view about stuff... and not a practical one. I have visions of writers acting in faith that their work eventually gets published. However I guess countless script/story rejections can change that outlook.

He would know. It's not about looking for loopholes, it's a matter of integrity.

Jan

Which is why I added my little caveat. I of course recognise that.... and even respect it. I just think that whether you decide to strike with your union or not, it should be as much a matter of conscience as it is solidarity (and I'm not saying that this isn't the case).

Please don't read any opinions as to the strike situation into this... being in the UK, I know precious little about it and have no real opinion.

Well, WB's underestimation is fine by me ... as long as they continue to get more than they were expecting, we have a chance for more B5 down the road. As soon as something doesn't live up to expectations that becomes less likely.

:D

Thanx for replying Jan.:beer: The Garibaldi script was what I was recalling and sorta relishing: JMS has a script, written before the strike and has to be accepted as is, no modifications:D thusley gaining a wider audience JMS writes better than the "Suits":beer::beer::beer::devil:

With the writers strike many stations will be scrambling for comntent: B5 may finally fit the bill.:angel:

Jan

I too doubt that he would write on spec. But, IF there was a deal already in place, I don't see anything to stop him from working on it during the strike, if he chose to. Obviously, he wouldn't deliver it during a strike, or even discuss it with anyone in the food chain above him during the strike, as that would make him a scab. But, he's such a busy guy, he's probably glad to slack off on one project, and have more time to devote to more pressing projects.

I do wonder though, he can't write or rewrite for something already in production, but can he perform other functions for works he has already turned in? At least he can still write comic books... :D

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back