• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

An obsession with Orange Juice

Granite

Hey I just watched "Geometry of Shadows" with the comentary by Bruce, Claudia, and Jerry. Bruce commented on Sheridan's obsession with oranges and orange juice. I thought a bit, and remember William Edgers from season 4, and his love of OJ too.

Did JMS really like OJ or something? Are there any other times in B5 where OJ features promenantly?

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the previous Babylon stations was supposed to be orange. :LOL:

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the previous Babylon stations was supposed to be orange.

Babylon Station was red. B4 was green; B5 was blue. If they were intentionally going in rainbow-color order, B2 could have been orange.

Maybe that's why there will never be a Babylon 6. Indigo is kind of a screwy color. Is it blue or voilet or something in-between? If it's blue, why not just call it blue? Same with violet. If indigo is in between blue and violet, why aren't there other in-between colors? Reddish-orange, orangish-yellow, lime green, and turquoise kind of get shafted, don't you think? ;) :p

OJ obsession has nothing to do with JMS.

Little hint, what these orange juice episodes have in common?

Is it blue or voilet or something in-between? If it's blue, why not just call it blue? Same with violet. If indigo is in between blue and violet, why aren't there other in-between colors? Reddish-orange, orangish-yellow, lime green, and turquoise kind of get shafted, don't you think? ;) :p

Erm ... I think you are getting a bit carried away here.

:D

Funnily enough, there are other in between colours. The afore-mentioned "Orange" being one of them (i.e. between red and yellow), "Green" being another (i.e. between yellow and blue).

If nothing else, that should make it obvious why Indigo (between blue and violet) exists where it does in the spectrum/rainbow.

Don't forget the old rhyme:

Richard Of York Gave Battle In Vermillion ... or was it Heliotrope?

:p

There lots of colour names, yes.
One of my friends went to art school, and she learned both the names and the numerical values for the colours they were using.

The mneumonic acronym that I learned for the rainbow spectrum colors was the name "Roy G. Biv" (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet).

If you are talking about reflected colors (the way colors work when you are mixing paints or something like that), 3 of those are the primary colors (red, yellow, blue) and 3 of them are the secondary colors (equal parts of two of the primary colors; orange, green, violet which is sometimes referred to as magenta on color wheels).

Of the seven colors listed in that spectrum, indigo is the only one that is neither a primary nor secondary color .... in that color system.

Of course, if you are used to thinking in terms of emitted colors (mixing wavelengths of light, as from a computer or television screen), which I am, then that list is a little strange anyway. It skips one of the secondary colors (cyan), while including two tertiary colors (halfway between a primary and a secondary; orange and indigo).

In reflected colors (mixing paints etc.) the primaries are red, yellow, and blue; and orange is a secondary (which is what I said in the earlier part of my post).

In emitted colors (like the color guns for a color TV) the primary colors are red, green, and blue (Ever seen a computer screen with 3 separate color cables, labeled R G & B? That's why.). The secondaries are yellow, cyan, and magenta. In that kind of color world orange is a tertiary.

Latest posts

Members online

Back