• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

What`s your favourite B5-episode ?

dawnchild

Regular
If you had to pick just one B5-episode as your absolute favourite , which one would it be ?

Hard to pick just one I think ... but I believe I would pick

Into the Fire

/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

What is your favourite ?

I'm pretty sure we've already had this thread (several times). So you should check through old threads before bringing up a topic that has already been covered. I know there are probably plenty of newbies who haven't participated in that discussion, but you can always bring back the old thread instead of starting a new one.

Sorry if I sound like I'm attacking you or anything. I'm not. Just suggesting that you look back at old threads before starting a "new" one.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by A_Ranger:
<font color=yellow>I'm pretty sure we've already had this thread (several times). So you should check through old threads before bringing up a topic that has already been covered..</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

I understand your point but please try to read through the 1300 or so threads here at this B5-part of the site ( pages back ) and tell me if you can keep count of them all. Also please tell me how many threads do not relate to one another in some way or other. There are only so many questions we can think of when it comes to this great series and I am sure some other newbies are grateful that some truly worthwhile threads like this one are brought up , even if they have been on the board a few times in the past.

If you want to be critical I suggest you go to some of the other parts of the site where there is more questionable quality as to questions asked and answers made. Still , pple are having fun there whatever the quality of the posts .. *shrug*

I am sorry if you are offended by this , but that is my view. I had the impression this was a member\beginner-friendly site that would allow some valuable questions to be asked anew in a new thread once in a while , not the least for newbies like myself and others who do not have the time to go through pages of posts or the netconnection to do so , but perhaps I was mistaken ..

Thank you for your attention. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Yes, the question has been asked before, and those of us who have been here for a long time remember that. It's one of those inevitable questions that pop up every now and then, after all. But I do think that exceptions can be made, at least with topics that haven't been active for quite a while (a few months, I'd guess) and go back more than a couple of pages. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

A suggestion or a hint about this having been done before is always welcome, as perhaps someone will dig the old thread up and find some nice and interesting reading for him/herself. But that doesn't mean having a new thread on the same question is something inherently evil. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

Besides, those on-topic forums have been a little quiet recently... /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif And as I see it, no one is forcing anyone to answer the question.

Anyway, as for the question itself... there's no way I can narrow it down to one. Five perhaps, or ten... I could even try and get it down to three: The Coming of Shadows, The Long, Twilight Struggle, and The Fall of Centauri Prime. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Kribu:
<font color=yellow>The Fall of Centauri Prime. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
Sicko /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif I would have to say either Severed Dreams, Into the Fire or The Long Twilight Struggle /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by dawnchild:
<font color=yellow>I understand your point but please try to read through the 1300 or so threads here at this B5-part of the site ( pages back ) and tell me if you can keep count of them all. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

That's what the search button is for

"Sleeping in the Light", "Signs and Portents", "Severed Dreams", "Z'Ha'Dum", "In the Shadow of Z'Ha'Dum"...and that's just my number ones.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by A_Ranger:
<font color=yellow>That's what the search button is for</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Aye that is right *nods* Not all newbies are that good at using the search-engine though and would naturally start looking down the pages to find posts. All B5-threads are interrelated in some way or another , that was part of my point also. Seldom will a "new subject-matter" truly be that new ..

This is not a problem , I am sure! /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif Btw , what is your fav B5-episode ?

Although there are so many outstanding episodes, especially in the 3rd & 4th seasons, I think that the episode that cemented my interest in the series and just totally blew me away has got the be "Z'Ha'Dum." The first time I saw it, I was completely blown away by it and successive viewings have not diminished, even in the slightest bit, the emotional impact of the episode. More importantly, it is a pivotal episode on which the entire rest of the series turns and JMS brings together several threads that were steadily built over the past two seasons and fundamentally and permanently reshapes our perceptions of the Vorlons, the Shadows, and what the Shadow War was REALLY about. What can I say about the acting? The acting was superb all around. The scenes involving Delenn dropping the snowglobe when Anna walks in unexpectedly, Sheridan's angry confrontation with Delenn about Anna, Delenn watching Sheridan's "good-bye" message, Sheridan's brazen(and suicidal) plan to crash the White Star into Z'Ha'Dum filled with thermonuclear explosives, and, of course, Sheridan's fateful jump into the pit (eerily reminiscent of the scene in "The Empire Strikes Back" where Luke makes the choice to jump rather than to join the Empire) as the Whitestar crashed were all perhaps some of the best moments in the entire series. If I could have any episode of Babylon 5 on DVD right now, it would be this one without a doubt. Superb from start to finish!

Let me do it this way:

Season 1: Chrysalis (Amazing fully packed episode)
Season 2: The Coming of Shadows (emotional roller-coaster)
Season 3: Severed Dreams (packed episode and an emotional roller-coaster) My personal fav.
Season 4: Endgame (action, heart and sacrifice, all in 40min)
Season 5: Fall of Centauri Prime (So many confliction emotions in 1 episode. Amazing)

There's too many high quality eps to pick a favorite one. And as I go through runs of B5, my opinion of episodes always changes (usually I gain more appreciation for episodes, although sometimes I don't get the same emotional response I once did and my appreciation slightly drops).

And that's one thing that makes B5 so great. There's always something new to find in each episode no matter how many times you see it. Even some of the crapiest episodes (ahem TKO) aren't completely bad. That's one hell of an accomplishment.

But enough of my ranting. My immiate sub-concious response is "Severed Dreams." Wow, what an emotional rollercoaster. When the Narns and Security fight Earth inside...wow. This is when B5 really goes into overdrive. There was plenty of story before this, but this is when it just gets intense. And I love it /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

My other favs would have to be
"Comes the Inquisitor"
"Z'ha'Dum"
"The Decontstruction of Falling Stars"
"War Without End"
"The Long, Twilight Struggle"
"A View from the Gallery"
"Intersections in Real Time"

Dawnchild

"I am sorry if you are offended by this , but that is my view. I had the impression this was a member\beginner-friendly site that would allow some valuable questions to be asked anew in a new thread once in a while , not the least for newbies like myself and others who do not have the time to go through pages of posts or the netconnection to do so , but perhaps I was mistaken ..

You gotta learn to relax on this post. Some of our esteemed colleagues can be blindingly blunt but I've never seen any of them go out of their way to spiteful. I've seen what these guys do to anybody thats unwanted. Hey guys rmeber Psion-10.
Well anyway the gist of it is that this threads been done over and over. however there are those of us that can talk about it over and over.
Back to the topic, all the episodes with battle scenes! Yowza, yowza YOWZA. My Fav is the episode where Earth force attacks B5 and just when everything seems hopeless Delenn comes into view with the Minbari cruisers. She says something to this effect "There is only cone human that won a battle against the minbari and he is behind us!" Fav episode and fav scene!

Favorite episode?? Just one? Well thats gonna be hard!
I'll go with
"Severed Dreams"
"The Long, Twilight Struggle"
"Z'Ha'Dum" and
"War Without End" Parts 1 and 2

Thats my selection anyways /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif
^^At last I finally got the hand of the smilies /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif
Icarus

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by butlerd:
<font color=yellow>.. I think that the episode that cemented my interest in the series and just totally blew me away has got the be "Z'Ha'Dum." </font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

I agree , this was a great episode too .. it is my 2nd favourite after "Into the Fire" I think /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by superbob:
<font color=yellow>Some of our esteemed colleagues can be blindingly blunt but I've never seen any of them go out of their way to spiteful.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
Who's blindingly blunt? /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

My top 5: (in no particular order)

1. Z'ha'dum
2. The Coming of Shadows
3. Into the Fire
4. Whatever Happend to Mr. Garibaldi?
5. Soul Mates

Recoil ol' buddy, ol' pal, ol' friend. You have been my strongest support for my other thread. I would have to say Channe's blunt (ducks behind table) 'cos she goes around popping my fantasies!
Seriously though the first time I wandered around this board I posted a couple of times and got shot down about the points I was making. I realized it's all straight forward here, quite refreshing actually.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back