• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Seen the B5-actors in other shows ?

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr> Guy Siner was also a German officer in one of my favorite non SF television series ever: Allo allo! <hr></blockquote>

I can't believe I never noticed that! I wish that series would come around again in my area ... only ever saw it on the Canadian station ... gotta love CBC! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

As for Pat Tallman showing up alot ... that's mainly because she's actually a professional stunt actor (or whatever the term is). She's done stunts and helped coordinate stunts for many movies ("Jurassic Park", "Godzilla", "The General's Daughter") and TV shows. I think (but I'm not sure) that many of her bit roles in Star Trek were because the bit character ended up doing heavy action. "Starship Mine" [TNG] mentioned here was quite action heavy as was "Way of the Warrior" [DS9] which she was also in - but I could never find her on camera. Other times she could have just filled in where needed. She was also one of the Deadites in "Army of Darkness" ... another good reason to watch that movie!

Andreas Katsulas also guest starred a few times on TNG as a Romulan captain/admiral - with the same firery temper as G'kar season 1. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

And we cant' forget Gary Cole (Captain Gideon) playing the dark Sherriff Lucus Buck in the (sadly short-lived) series "American Gothic" ... or his more frigthtening portray of Mike Brady in the new "Brady Bunch" movies! *shudders*

Here's some trivia.......
Turhan Bey..1943 with Lon Chaney, jr in The Mummy's Tomb
...................1944 with Kate Hepburn, Walter Huston and Agnes Moorehead are Chinese in Dragon Seed

Melissa Gilbert, Boxleitner's wife and Anna Sheridan mark2 was on a season premiere of Outer Limits.
Gary Cole, Gideon also appeared in that same season.
I saw Richard Biggs on an ep of Any Day Now.

Opie & Anthony on their radio show were making fun of some autograph signing show with a bunch of C-list celebrities, one of which was Jeff Conaway. They were asking "what has Kanicky (sp?) done since Grease?" and I'm yelling in my head, "Babylon 5, duh, and he kicked ass!"

Theodore Bickel appeared in Frank Zappa's 200 Motels, where he asked a Frank Zappa look-alike, portrayed by Ringo Starr, why he was suspended in a harness holding a magic lamp, or something.

The captain from A Call To Arms was in last night's Boston Public.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by GKarsEye:
<font color=yellow>The captain from A Call To Arms was in last night's Boston Public.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
He has been in a LOT of stuff. I saw him in "Candyman" I believe, as well as "Final Destination" and many other bit parts in TV and Movies.

What's up, aren't we allowed to call him Tony Todd?

If we say Tony Todd three times does Tony Todd turn up and ...

No

keep away

/ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

Sorry, don't know what came over me there.

A few more for the mix:

Brad Dourif (Brother Edward in "Passing Through Gethsemane) has been in various other shows, including Star Trek and The X-Files.

Marshall Teague (Ta'Lon) was one of the (proper) astronauts in Armageddon.

Robin Sachs (various Minbari and Narns) was the big, bad lizard guy (whose name I can't remember) in Galaxy Quest, as well as being in an episode of Buffy.

The guy who was Tony Todd's sidekick is ACtA was the demon sent to kill Baltazor/Cole in Charmed.

And of course Gary Cole played that really scary DJ in Midnight Caller.

my wife is right, I really am a totally sad git aren't I??

/ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Robin Sachs (various Minbari and Narns) was the big, bad lizard guy (whose name I can't remember) in Galaxy Quest, as well as being in an episode of Buffy<hr></blockquote>

Try episodes. He's been in at least 4 that I can recall off the top of my head.

Brad is a fine actor, high on my list of under appreciated actors. Probably his greatest roles were in One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, and Wise Blood. He was also in Dune and Blue Velvet. He is slated to play Grima Wormtongue in LOTR 2&3!

Saw Jeffrey Coombs (sp?) the telepath from Eyes, in Enetrprise last night. Unrecogniable under make up but the voice is distinctive

now that you mention that voice of his wasn't he in DS9 as the right hand man of the shape shifters (can't remember their names now)?

Jeffrey Combs has been in a fair number of SF roles - especially Star Treks. In DS9 he played the Ferengi liquidator Brunt (F.C.A.) and the multiple clones - I think at least five - of Weyoun(sp?). Weyoun was originally just a random Vorta assigned to some Jem'Hadar but his later clone - probably only because they wanted the actor back - was the lead Vorta and lead liason between the Founders and the forces in the Alpha Quadrant. In Enterprise, he has played the lead Andorian in two episodes and the younger brother in the one Ferengi episode - which was probably an ancestor of Brunt. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

He also starred in - which is where I saw him first - some older SF movies that are budget B but quite fun to watch - some based on the works of H.P. Lovecraft. He had the main role in "Re-Animator" and its sequal "Bride of Re-Animator" and the seperate "From Beyond". I'm sure he's appeared in various other things as well. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Demon:
<font color=yellow>Just saw Julie Caitin Brown in Becker</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Claudia Christian was in an old A-Team episode that ran today.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Doctor Gonzo:
<font color=yellow>Please tell me she played the part of a fool, and was pittied</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

You are out of luck. It was a background bit part -- the kind given unknowns -- with only three or four lines in the entire episode. Thus, no way to judge or pitty.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back