• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The Official BSG S3 Spoiler Thread

RE: The Ship of Lights

I'm in the pro-camp, just because I can't remember anyhting from original BSG and I am intrigued about what everyone is going on about. :)

I assume when everyone says "that guy from Knight Rider", they don't mean the legend that is David Hasselhoff. :D

no if i meant the hoff i'd say that twat that sings in german, it was his guvnor, he was the spokesman for the ship of lights in experiment in terra.

Good to know. I didn't think they were going to cancel it, and didn't take the 13 episode order as such. I did hear rumors that RDM was having trouble thinking of ways for his show (the story) to continue past the 4th Season. I'm sure it can happen, but how much of the quality will be sacrificed if they do?

4 Season, 5 Seasons, I hope they just do the show justice and don't let it slide. This third season has been a let down overall, but things have been picking up at the end, and I'm looking forward to tonight's finale.

:)

Ok that was one fracked up episode, wish they hadn't wasted half of it doing the dam trial and deiciding baltar needs to be forgiven. The cylon seven if testified could of got him spaced. A few things I assume the music they been playing few toons of was that version of All Along the Watchtower, wonder if they got someone special to sing it or not. If those are the 4 cylons who the fifth kara or roslin. And what the frack going on with Kara and earth. Though their going to wait for another year to answer some of these just like last year , think right now their litarraly just trying to make ways of having huge season ending cliffhangers, Adama being shot, new caprica, 4 possible new cylons and earth this year.

Well that was interesting. Looks like a lot of us here were on the money about the music...

First off, I'm glad the trial is over. Hate to say it, but Lee was right. They seemed to grant forgiveness to everyone but Baltar. Thing about Baltar is....hes been a traitor (because of cowardice) all along. The fleet would be better off without him. But from the standpoint of the legal system, it was probably the right decision. Granted, its one of those situations where the law is wrong, but whatever, it will still come back to eventually bite them.

I didn't really get the whole "All Along the Watchtower" thing, unless they are somehow picking up signals from Earth. Maybe the ship-of-lights thing is going to be in the 4th Season, and that is who Starbuck was with.

Also interesting seeing the reaction of the 4 of the Final 5 when they realized they were Cylons. Sol having 40+ years in the service and been in two wars. Seemed to me that the Cheif seemed to be the one who took it the best. Tori took it pretty well too.

This also brings up an interesting point, and I guess time will tell as to whether this was part of the plan, or if they just happened into things. At the start of the Series, it had been what, a few decades since anyone had seen the Cylons? So whatever happened that made them start evolving and making human-like ones happened pretty damn recently. Yet stuff with Sol being as old as he is....and being with humans so long without them knowing...is odd and doesn't seem to fit. Heck the whole "final 5" thing. If they made 5 Cylon models, what did the rest just "forget" about them?

There has to be something else with these "Final 5" --- and who is the 5th?

Just can't say I have fully embraced with that have done with the Final 5 Cylon threads/arc, and I can't say I like that all these guys who have thought to have been humans for so long all of a sudden get activated and are Cylons too. What are the odds that out of BILLIONS of lives, that of the 50,000 survivors, 4 (probably all 5) Cylons ended up with the fleet, and in key roles? The numbers seem to work against that.

I don't know. I guess there are some ways they can make that work well, but we have to see if they do it.

I also wasn't at all surprised to have Starbuck re-appear. I think we all here knew she was alive. But that she has been to Earth is interesting. How did she get there? Who took her there (she didn't get there by herself). I do think the "ship-of-lights" type concept will appear next season.

Interesting the Cylons arrival....or are they the normal Cylons? Maybe they are a fleet of the 5?

That close-out scene was kind of cool. Looks like they are at least in the same Galaxy as Earth, and getting closer.

Still mystified by the "All Along the Watchtower" thing though....

Lastly....2008 !?!?!?!?!?!

Damn, waiting till next January before seeing where this goes. Aweful. I'd rather they get back to the September till November, then break till Feb thing again. Oh well.

Hate to say it, but Lee was right. They seemed to grant forgiveness to everyone but Baltar. Thing about Baltar is....hes been a traitor (because of cowardice) all along.

Well recoil you forgot about him giving the nuke to the pegasus six which lead to a nuke of a ship and the cylons finding new caprica, and then there is his Caprica excursion but as far as the trial only one who could bring up either is the Six.

Last edited:
I suppose the ep was interesting to watch, but geez, did the last part really need to be a music video? Even the camera work at the end was different and odd. Glad there is such a thing as closed-captioning because I could not understand a single word anyone said with that music playing.

Anyways, when Starbuck "died" a few eps ago, I knew she'd come back, probably at the season finale, and probably would have been to Earth in the meantime. When Apollo went off to pursue the unknown blip on his dradis, I knew it was her. Maybe I'm just getting used to how the show is being written and laid out and it's no longer surprising when these things happen.

I also knew Baltar would be declared not guilty. Sitting in Apollo's chair and knowing what he knows, I would probably agree with him about Baltar. Of course, knowing what I know, I'd at least want the guy locked up the rest of his life so he doesn't keep making those stupid decisions that get people killed.

I also think having to wait 9 months to see the rest of the show stinks, but what can you do? I want to see the second season of Dexter right now, but it won't be back for a few months yet. I'd really love to see more Jeremiah, but that's never happening.

Obviously, they're pretty close to Earth. What are they going to do when they get there? The Cylons know where it is, and if they didn't, they would find it in short order. Is anyone still living on Earth at this point in the show? Would they welcome the people of the colonies, and the Cylons, showing up at their door?

All in all, the show has sort of transformed for me. I still like it and look forward to it, but it's lost its status as my favorite show and the whole mood and setup seem to be different, less realistic. Obviously as a sci fi show it's not real, but it used to be more believable. Now, it strikes me as fictional, with fictional characters.

I SO CALLED IT! YEAH! Someone give me a cookie. We have 5 new cylons. Looks like they are redefining what a cylon IS or can be, though I still don't think Starbuck is a cylon. Not sure what she is, but I don't smell cylon.

That episode ROCKED! I'm actually excited about this show again. Tigh just gutted me emotionally with what he said. Something about, no matter what they are, he chooses to be the man who serves Galactica. Way to go, my one-eyed friend. Maybe he can get a new eye fitted if he meets his cylon buddies?

=)

Also, check out this interesting Q&A with Ron Moore (post finale)

http://www.tvweek.com/article.cms?articleId=31699

I didn't really get the whole "All Along the Watchtower" thing, unless they are somehow picking up signals from Earth. Maybe the ship-of-lights thing is going to be in the 4th Season, and that is who Starbuck was with.

Haven't got Season 3 yet but... Starbuck was with Jimi Hendrix??????:eek: :LOL:

So, we saw the whole Tigh, Anders, and Tory thing coming from a mile away. The chief's being added to the group isn't all that surprising, but at least it wasn't something so completely figured out last week. And Starbuck's non-death was more or less known to be a non-death the moment the explosion happened; I do find it silly that they thought they needed to add her credit to the end of the show (instead of during the opening credit sequence) to keep her return a "surprise" because it really wasn't a surprise. Like tygirwulf, as soon as the "unknown" DRADIS blip appeared I was like, "Oh, here comes Starbuck."

I think the biggest thing of interest for me in this episode is Roslin, Athena, and Six simultaneously experiencing the vision of the opera house.

And yeah, what the hell is up with the next season not coming until 2008; it's barely 2007.

Last edited:
I can't say that I'm happy about the 2008 thing, either. I am a patient soul, I swear I am.... :( but that one's pushing it!

As for the show, I liked it. When Lee first took the stand, just as he was sitting down before anything was said, I characterized his posture as a reflection of his....immaturity? He wavers in and out of that and I thought he was going to sulk or pout through it, but I couldn't have been more wrong. I thought he clearly and very well presented his point of view...and I thought he was right.

In the end, I think Baltar having to try live every day among people that not only shun him but hate him will be very much a punishment for him.

I know that we could all see it coming as to who was going to be among the final five. I think Roslyn will be the fifth. Like Tory, she became ill immediately after the jump. :D I was even waiting for her to knock on the door! And wasn't Sol just amazing in that scene! I found myself holding my breath when the four were all together in that room just staring at each other. That's my meter for how good a scene is... :D how long it takes to remind myself to breathe!

I think they are picking up the signals from Earth. Kind of reminded me of the beginning of the movie, Contact. All those radio waves are coming from somewhere. Interesting that the 4 are hearing it.

One thing I found very interesting was that Chief and Boomer were an item at the beginning of season 1--and neither knew they were a cylon.

Now, we have another half-toaster. Poor Cally. What's she gonna do? =)

My problem with the Cheif being a Cylon, is that he was messing around with Sharon --- or rather Sharon was trying to mess around with him to have a Cylon/Human kid. If he was a Cylon, what would have been the point of that?

And yes, I think they are picking up signals from Earth. This is somewhat like the last episode of the original series BSG. Apollo is in some radio observation dome on the Galactica and picks up images of the first lunar landing from Earth. Turns out they run into a Cylon Basestar, etc, etc, but as the show is ending, the singal comes back and its much clearer and clearly its the first Moon landing, so it was from Earth --- and thats where that series ended.

So picking up signals from Earth is sort of holding true with the original series in a way.

Also, regarding the "Final 5" did anyone notice in that Opera House dream, that there were 5 figures completely in white, glowing, light at the upper balcony of the Opera House? I took those to be the Final 5, and the fact they were white also parallels (sort of) the whole "ship of lights" thing from the original series to a degree. Maybe they are trying to make these final 5 be related to that. Maybe they aren't true Cylons? Hopefully there is more there, because as I said above, taken as straight-up, the whole Final 5 thing sort of goes against what was done earlier in the show...

But it did seem like those 5 were resembling the people from the Ship of Lights. They had a name in the original series....I just cant remember it. Guardians of something or other...

Now, we have another half-toaster. Poor Cally. What's she gonna do? =)

That's true too! So now there is a SECOND half-Cylon baby. So is now their baby just as important and mythical as Hera? You would think so...but it hasn't seemed that way so far...

My problem with the Cheif being a Cylon, is that he was messing around with Sharon --- or rather Sharon was trying to mess around with him to have a Cylon/Human kid. If he was a Cylon, what would have been the point of that?

And yes, I think they are picking up signals from Earth. This is somewhat like the last episode of the original series BSG. Apollo is in some radio observation dome on the Galactica and picks up images of the first lunar landing from Earth. Turns out they run into a Cylon Basestar, etc, etc, but as the show is ending, the singal comes back and its much clearer and clearly its the first Moon landing, so it was from Earth --- and thats where that series ended.

So picking up signals from Earth is sort of holding true with the original series in a way.

Also, regarding the "Final 5" did anyone notice in that Opera House dream, that there were 5 figures completely in white, glowing, light at the upper balcony of the Opera House? I took those to be the Final 5, and the fact they were white also parallels (sort of) the whole "ship of lights" thing from the original series to a degree. Maybe they are trying to make these final 5 be related to that. Maybe they aren't true Cylons? Hopefully there is more there, because as I said above, taken as straight-up, the whole Final 5 thing sort of goes against what was done earlier in the show...

But it did seem like those 5 were resembling the people from the Ship of Lights. They had a name in the original series....I just cant remember it. Guardians of something or other...

I don't recall it ever being revealed that Sharon was cozying up to the Chief just to produce a Half Cylon baby (But, then I missed a few S1 and S2 episodes). But, if that was true, Sharon still wouldn't know who the Final Five were, so, that wouldn't have prevented her from trying to use the chief as a Human DNA donor.

Back