• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Interview with Andreas Katsulas on WUSB-FM/online

AnlaShokGrey

Regular
Howard Margolin of WUSB-FM Stony Brook (my alma mater) will be airing a press conference he did with Andreas at I-Con 2002 on this Friday's (March 3rd) installment of Destinies-The Voice of Science Fiction. It will start at 11:30 PM Eastern (US) time on 90.1 FM, WUSB, Stony Brook, and the link to the online listener's site is: http://wusb.fm/audio/hear_us.shtml

After it airs, if people are interested in getting their own CD copies of the show, they can send e-mail to DestiniesVoice@aol.com with their requests.

Amy

Re: Interview with Andreas Katsulas on WUSB-FM/onl

Thanks. I'll be sure to check it out.

Something went wrong and this didn't air. I called up WUSB to find out what the problem was, and they assured me that the correct program went out on the air, but that the stream was messed up. As of 12:02 AM eastern time, they corrected the stream and I got the last thirty seconds of one of Andreas's cuts from the Be Five album... :-(

Stay tuned for more information on this - I've asked Howard Margolin how those of us who weren't in FM range of the broadcast can hear it (without having to order a CD). Hopefully the program will be posted on his website's archive soon.

I'm pretty annoyed about this...

I just heard it through the real player stream when it was suposed to be aired!

(Yes, Mike G - I am apparently an idiot and was using a link to an archived program!)

Some of you may have missed the WUSB broadcast/netcast of the Andreas Katsulas interview last night, due to WUSB's website containing a whole lot of speaker icons for listening, most of which do not go to the live stream but instead to an archived program. The only way to hear the live stream was to use the link on the home page, waaaaay at the bottom, buried under a bunch of graphics for other facets of WUSB's broadcast day. :p

If you missed the interview and want to hear it, you have three choices how to do that:

1) Go to WUSB's program/schedule page (http://wusb.fm/program/prog-grid.html), look under Friday, 11:30 PM for the pink box that says "Destinies-The voice of Science Fiction," and click on the speaker icon to the left of the show name. This is where they play the previous week's show, and I've confirmed that the Andreas tribute and interview are there now.

2) Captphilonline archives "Destinies," but it apparently takes him some time to get them posted. If you wait awhile, you can get it from him, here: http://www.captphilonline.com/Destinies.html

3) Howard Margolin, producer and host of the program, has said "If either of those options don't work, I will gladly make CD copies of the show available (I'll even throw in an extra B5-related show to fill out the CD-choose from Michael O'Hare, JMS, Claudia Christian, Jerry Doyle, or Bill Mumy) for $5.00 complete, including postage." His e-mail address, if you want to take advantage of this offer, is DestiniesVoice@aol.com. I do not know how he accepts payment, so if you're interested in this option, please contact him directly.

Sorry for any confusion about this, and I hope some of you got to hear the tribute last night.

Amy

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back