• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Torchwood: Children of Earth (Spoilers)

I dunno, I had high hopes for the Fox iteration of The Doctor in the '90s. Granted, it wasn't very good, but come on, how many pilot for genre shows are? The TNG pilot was utterly devoid of a plot, even "The Gathering" was pretty weak...they're tough to do. Add to this the tradition that "Regeneration" episodes of Dr. Who generally suck, and you've got a lot to work against.

Given that, I though they did a good job, not a great one, but a good one. I really liked Paul McGann as The Doctor, and the concept of him as a Byronesque Romantic was interesting. I would really have liked to have seen more.

Actually, I like the idea of franchises from one country going to another for continuation. Star Trek gotten stale? Have the next show be filmed in Japan, with Japanese writers and cast. None of the B5 spinoffs catching on? Take 'em to England. I'd happily settle for 5 13-episodes "Crusade" seasons with a slightly different sensibility...

I too enjoyed McGann as the Dr, and many other things about the movie, the story itself was even pretty decent, my only complaint was the lack of attention to canon

Belbo, thanks for posting that link, and showing I wasn't hallucinating about a possible US version of The Doctor.

I didn't post, because I was on my usual three day hiatus from the computer/work. Also, I read about this on a thread on the AVS Forum that gets about 100 posts a day, and has had some talk of this topic. So, finding my original source, even with a search function, would have taken some time!

Easily. I have had nothing but disgust for Cadbury, since they stopped selling chocolate hazelnut bars in the US, decades ago. At one time, that was my favorite chocolate bar. I read in the paper they were their biggest seller, then they disappeared. I've never understood that. :mad:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back