• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Promosodes?

I just heard from someone that there were intended to be six "Promosodes" for "The Lost Tales," which would have been shown online, and then been included in the DVD. Anyone know what these were about, or if they were filmed, or whatever?

Also: has anyone read the mini-comic that came with the Best Buy Lost Tales DVD?

There were a number of 'video diaries' but I never heard of any kind of other promotion.

As for the comic, it's a small, 6-page mini-comic that expands on Lochley telling Sheridan that G'Kar and Franklin have gone exploring 'beyond the rim'. It's a loving tribute to Andreas Katsulas and Rick Biggs.

Jan

There were a number of 'video diaries' but I never heard of any kind of other promotion.

As for the comic, it's a small, 6-page mini-comic that expands on Lochley telling Sheridan that G'Kar and Franklin have gone exploring 'beyond the rim'. It's a loving tribute to Andreas Katsulas and Rick Biggs.

Jan

Huh. Wiki says that they were intending to make six very short "Promosodes" separate from the Video Diaries. From what little I've been able to find out elsewhere, these were to be 2-or-3 minute vignettes about other B5 characters, including Lannier.

As to the comic, is there a storyline to it, or just a montage or what? And is it still available?

Huh. Wiki says that they were intending to make six very short "Promosodes" separate from the Video Diaries. From what little I've been able to find out elsewhere, these were to be 2-or-3 minute vignettes about other B5 characters, including Lannier.
<shudder> Lennier </shudder> Given the budget problems the Lost Tales had, I think it's likely that those went the way of the third segment. I wonder if the promosodes planned would have matched with the characters featured in the title segment.

As to the comic, is there a storyline to it, or just a montage or what? And is it still available?
It's a little story. The comics were only included in specially marked packages of the Lost Tales DVD at Best Buy or as a give-away at that year's Comic-Con at the WB booth.

As for availability, it sometimes comes up on Ebay. After that year's Comic-Con I found somebody who'd gotten a lot of them and picked up a number of them from him. I've had JMS sign some of them and I sell them on Ebay when I'm doing benefit auctions. I'll be doing some more of those shortly to benefit one of the 'First Ones' fans who's fighting cancer so I can let you know when I post another one. Naturally, if you find an auction for one that's not autographed, they're much cheaper.

Jan

I wonder if the promosodes planned would have matched with the characters featured in the title segment.

Huh?

It's a little story. The comics were only included in specially marked packages of the Lost Tales DVD at Best Buy or as a give-away at that year's Comic-Con at the WB booth.

As for availability, it sometimes comes up on Ebay. After that year's Comic-Con I found somebody who'd gotten a lot of them and picked up a number of them from him. I've had JMS sign some of them and I sell them on Ebay when I'm doing benefit auctions. I'll be doing some more of those shortly to benefit one of the 'First Ones' fans who's fighting cancer so I can let you know when I post another one. Naturally, if you find an auction for one that's not autographed, they're much cheaper.

Jan

Ah, thank you! Thank you very much! Please do!

I wonder if the promosodes planned would have matched with the characters featured in the title segment.

Huh?
Sorry, that wasn't clear. And I was wrong anyway. I was thinking that the characters that showed up in the title sequence (when the worlds came onscreen) might have been the ones slated to have the promosodes but most of the main characters (Sheridan, Lochley, Garibaldi, Franklin, Londo, Vir, G'Kar, Delenn, Lennier and Kosh) are shown.

Jan

Ah, thank you! Thank you very much! Please do![/QUOTE]

Will do. I'm pretty sure I'll have some more auctions up in the next couple of weeks.

Jan

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back